24 CE FL LMT Renewal Live Webinar & Home Study Package: Trigger Point Therapy & Chair Massage
Please do NOT purchase this 24 CE Package unless you are ready to complete the free 12 CEs of home study “mandatory” within 1-week of purchase. For a short time only, this 24 CE FL LMT renewal package includes a 12 CE Hour Live Hands-on Webinar plus 12 free CEs of home study “mandatory” training, such as ethics, medical errors and trafficking prevention and more. The 12 CEs of “mandatory” home study are currently FREE with your 12 CE $150 live hands-on webinar, however, those free 12 CEs of mandatory home study must be completed within 1-week of purchase or else they will expire. We cannot provide extended access periods beyond 1-week for the free home study training included with this package for any reason.
This 24 CE FL LMT renewal package includes everything an active Florida licensed massage therapist needs to renew their license for the August 31, 2023 renewal. 12 CEs of this training package are specially approved by Florida Board of Massage and NCBTMB for live "regular" hands-on, relevant to massage technique CE credit with your live interactive webinar. This package also includes 12 CEs of home study training for other mandatory subjects. The 12 CEs of home study training are approved with NCBTMB for online home study CE credit.
If you are taking this training for CE credit, please check with your own board to ensure you will receive the credit you need PRIOR TO registering or paying for this class.
You will receive an email link to start your 12 CEs of online home study courses within a couple minutes of your purchase/registration. Please check your spam if you do not see this email in your inbox within 5 minutes of your order. Please be sure to check the email address that was used to place your order with us. Your remaining 12 CE hour live interactive webinar will be taught online at the time you select on this website page. We will send more emails and information to attend your live webinar after your purchase.
Please watch the tutorial at the beginning of your home study training. It will instruct how to download your home study student files and companion training materials, plus how to download and print your home study CE certificate. CE hours are usually reported to CE Broker within 1-week of course completion, and no longer than 1-month after you have completed your entire 24 CE training package. Thank you.
Your 24 CE Hour 2023 Florida Licensed Massage Therapist Renewal Package includes:
- 12 CE Hour Trigger Point Therapy & Chair Massage (this class is approved as your hands-on "relevant to massage techniques" training which is usually required to be in-person, hence the special board approvals)
- 5 CE Hours Germs, COVID-19, & Proper Sanitation for a LMT
- 1 CE Hour Human Trafficking
- 2 CE Hours Ethics
- 2 CE Hours Medical Errors Prevention
- 2 CE Hours FL Massage Laws & Rules
Our webinars are largely interactive with students where you can ask the instructor questions, in-real time, participate in polls and more. We will email you greater instructions to attend your live webinar, please read these emailed instructions prior to the start of your webinar to get the very most out of it! Please login to your live webinar 30 minutes prior to the start of training. Any student who is not logged in at the start of their webinar, or anyone does not attend the entire online live webinar will not receive a certificate or CE credit. We cannot provide a certificate or partial CE credit for partial live webinar attendance for any reason. Please click HERE to view our Webinar FAQs & Policies. Thank you.
Students MUST register on this website page to receive this $150 Florida 24 CE Massage License Renewal Package. Please do not purchase classes from different website pages and then try to switch to this package. Requests to separate or switch subjects/classes in this massively discounted package cannot be provided.
Our ability to provide extensive administrative support for these massively discounted packages is limited, and further compounded by labor shortages and the pandemic. Please make every effort to complete your home study training early and on-time, before it expires within 1-week of purchase. Please do not wait until the last few days of training to seek support. Please start your home study training immediately after purchase to ensure everything is working properly with your computer device, and so that you are able to complete your home study training without delay.
Please email us at info@CeInstitute.com if you have questions or require assistance. Please allow 24-48 business hours for a response to email. Please do not send multiple emails for the same question because this delays a timely response for all. During your live online webinar training, we will additionally provide a toll free number for tech support if needed; however, please note that tech support cannot help students attempting to take computer-based training on a cell phone or tablet, or if their computer device or internet is failing.
Please select "10 am February 26, 2023" above for the following 2-day schedule: Sunday February 26, 2023 & Saturday, April 1, 2023 from 10:00 am to 4:30 pm EASTERN TIME. THERE IS A SEVERAL WEEK GAP BETWEEN THESE TWO CLASS DATES!
- Please select "10 am April 1, 2023" above for the following 2-day schedule: Saturday & Wednesday, April 1 & 5, 2023 from 10:00 am to 4:30 pm EASTERN TIME. THERE WILL BE NO CLASS ON SUNDAY, MONDAY, OR TUESDAY.
- Please select "10 am April 5, 2023" above for the following 2-day schedule: Wednesday, April 5, 2023 from 10:00 am to 4:30 pm & Monday, May 15, 2023 from 1:00 pm to 7:30 pm EASTERN TIME. THERE IS A SEVERAL WEEK GAP BETWEEN THESE TWO WEEKDAY CLASS DATES, AND THE 2 CLASS DATES START AT DIFFERENT TIMES!
- Please select "1 pm August 27, 2023" above for the following 2-day schedule: Sunday & Wednesday, August 27 & 30, 2023 from 1:00 pm to 7:30 pm EASTERN TIME. THERE WILL BE NO CLASS ON MONDAY OR TUESDAY.
A 30-minute meal break provided in the middle of class as well as a 10 minute break each class hour.
In this dual subject class, students will learn both trigger point therapy in a relaxing chair and on the massage table, plus onsite chair massage that can be practiced at corporate events and more. The class is evenly split in time spent with trigger point therapy and portable chair massage applications. Please note that trigger point therapy live model applications and student along practice time will be on a massage table. Only 6 hours of this 12 hour class will be dedicated towards chair massage training.
During trigger point therapy training, students will review:
- what is a trigger point
- how to find trigger points
- common places where trigger points are found
- extensive review of human anatomy and musculature
- how to apply pressure to relieve trigger points (and pain)
- instructor demonstrations of individual trigger point application, entry point, amount of pressure to be used and length of time to hold trigger points
- hands-on practice time of trigger point application
- stories and reviews of trigger point theory
- communication skills and practices with clients when applying trigger point therapy
- includes a history review of the 1st female physician to a U.S. President and a "founder" of Trigger Point Therapy: Dr. Janet Travell
This class has multiple hand-outs that include anatomical and manual therapy pictures to show how and where to apply pressure in the body where common trigger points are found, and HOW pressure is commonly applied to relieve them. By the end of class, you should be able to identify common trigger point sites and know how to apply pressure to the area to relieve the trigger point!
Extensive work preparation, guidelines and sanitary practices are provided to help students setup a successful operation for the many different practical scenarios that could be requested for a “Massage Event”. Several chair massage protocols will be provided in addition to hands-on demonstrations of multiple massage and bodywork techniques that can be provided in two different types of chairs. Students will primarily train with hands-on techniques in a regular portable "sit-up" massage chair, and we will also demonstrate an advanced foot massage that can be practiced in a portable relaxing chair as well.
Instructor Selena Belisle will also share her personal on-site massage work history which includes landing the cover of the Boston Business Journal for Corporate Chair Massage, coordinating and performing a 24-hour Chair Massage Event at a Hospital which was made available to 10,000 hospital employees, Onsite Sports Massage as it was performed in the Athens Greece Olympic Stadium, plus the execution of crisis and secondary responder event massage from her experience at Logan Airport for United Airlines Employees, Logan Airport Staff and Law Enforcement on 9/12, 9/13 & 9/14 after 9/11. Scientific research about the efficacy of onsite massage will also be provided.
During this training, we will palpate and treat trigger points on ourselves, prior to palpating, identifying and treating trigger points on a live model via instructor demonstration. This self-exercise to find and identify trigger points on ourselves (with common trigger point referral patterns) can be accessed by your own hands, and in hard to reach places, can be accessed with a theracane. For an **enhanced training experience**, students may want to purchase a therapy cane if they do not already have one. Therapy canes cost on average between $20 to $35, and they are a valuable lifelong tool a therapist can use to care for themselves. You do not need a therapy cane to take this class; however, there are some trigger points you might not be able to reach on yourself during hands-on practice time without the cane. The boards also do not require that you practice hands-on skills during the training to receive CE credit or a certificate - you're only requirement is to watch the entire webinar and pass your exam.
In the 6 hour portion of Chair Massage training, we will review some business basics about how to execute a chair massage on-site event on your own plus the common supplies required for a proper, proficient and business-building chair massage operation. Class includes:
- instructor demonstrations plus student practice along of chair massage techniques
- chair massage contraindications
- scientific research that shows the benefits of a quick chair massage routine
- how to market and setup a chair massage event
- what to review and consider for corporate event chair massage execution
- a list of supplies required to execute chair massage events
- setup and sanitation practices for chair events
- we will practice in 2 different portable chairs:
- primary practice and the most amount of time will be spent on back, neck, shoulder, arm, hand and hip massage
- approximately 30 minutes or less of the class will be spent showing and practicing a very short advanced foot massage in a portable relaxing chair for onsite or corporate use
Please click HERE for all Chair & Event classes at CE Institute LLC.
Please click HERE to view a monthly calendar of ALL live classes available at CE Institute LLC.