LIVE IN-PERSON 12 CE Hour Trigger Point & Neuromuscular Therapy Basics
This live, hands-on, in-person class has special operations given it has been scheduled during the COVID-19 pandemic. This will be our one of our first in-person classes in 2 1/2 years because we take COVID extremely seriously:
- This class will be limited to around 10 students. Please do not register unless you are serious about attending. We require a minimum of 6 students to hold class, so there's a limited number of class cancellations and changes that can be processed while keeping the class/school operational.
- We require 7-days notice to change or cancel registration prior to the start of class, which will be processed with a $25 admin fee. Students may make a one-time change to another class with 7-days notice prior to the start of training at no charge. Changes or cancellations within 7-days of the class start date cannot be honored, unless the student provides a verifiable COVID positive test that was diagnosed within 10-days prior to the start of class. The verifiable test must be provided prior to the class start date.
- This is a live, in-person hands-on bodywork training class. Students will be kept separated during lecture and theory, and will be allowed close contact during hands-on practice, as long as they follow the school's policies. Students do not have to participate in hands-on training to earn CE credit. Their only requirement is to attend, watch, listen and be physically present during instruction.
- Students are required to wear masks at ALL times over their mouth and nose while on campus (minus the small break room where drinks or snacks can be consumed). No exceptions will be made for this policy for ANY reason. Any student who does not follow our mask wearing policies will be immediately discharged from campus without a refund. Neck goiters and respirators that allow for respiratory discharge are not acceptable masks. The school will provide acceptable masks if the instructor feels the need to do so. Our school is usually kept unreasonably cold so wearing masks in our classroom is often more durable than most.
- Temperature of students will be taken prior to the start of class, and may be checked again at any time. Any student exhibiting an elevated temperature or fever must leave the school.
- Students must arrive at least 20-minutes prior to the start of class (and no greater than 1-hour prior to the start) for screening and attendance registration. Any student who does not arrive at least 20-minutes prior to the start of class may be denied admission without a refund. The school is attempting to limit the number of people on campus at one time. It is the instructor who takes the temperature and screens students, and they cannot do this after they have started their class. Class will not be delayed for tardy students.
- Any student who exhibits outward signs of illness with either coughing or sneezing, or any other COVID-19 sign or symptom will be required to leave campus. Please do not register with us if you suffer from allergies or any other medical condition that causes sneezing or coughing, especially while wearing a mask. Because coughing and sneezing are signs of COVID-19, we will not distress and distract other attendees (including the instructor) with anyone coughing or sneezing in class. Please do not show up for class with outward signs of illness because you will be told to leave.
- Hygiene and sanitation measures will be heightened. The school provides hand sanitizer, sinks with soap and water, HEPA filters as well as disinfection products. Any attendee who does not follow our hygiene and sanitation instructions will be required to leave campus without a certificate or refund.
- The instructor will not wear a mask during lecture, so that hearing impaired and deaf students, plus students who are seated 20+ feet away can clearly lip read and hear the instructor. Students are not permitted to be within 6 feet, or approach the instructor during lecture.
- To mitigate attendance, we recommend live in-person training for students who can easily drive to our downtown Miami school, given the chance for cancellation is increased during the pandemic. We are not responsible for any costs incurred by a student with a cancelled class. This class can be cancelled for any reason the school requires, especially if the COVID-19 infection rates significantly increase, prior to the start. Please keep in mind it is in the school's interest to hold class to remain operational, so we will do our best to provide class under reasonable circumstances.
- Students will be required to agree to these policies in writing via email prior to the start of class for physical admission to the school. Any student who does not agree to these policies in writing at least 7 days prior to the start of class will have their attendance/registration cancelled/refunded, minus our $25 admin process fee. There are no refunds available for disagreeable students within 7-days of the class start, or after the class has started.
- Any student who attempts to defy our policies is subject to have their conduct (unethical or otherwise) reported to their licensing board for potential disciplinary action - at the discretion of the board. They will also be discharged and denied further interaction with CE Institute LLC.
- Changes to our COVID-19 cancellation policies can be made for any reason at any time, at sole discretion of the instructor or school. Please note that we cannot allow anyone to possibly infect others by claiming medical needs or anything else to attempt to exempt themself from our instructions and requirements, especially given the close proximity with hands-on contact allowed during this training, plus the fact that other instructors and schools may be able to accommodate students when we cannot, and we also have similar training and/or CE credit available in live and online instructional delivery methods, beyond our physical classroom. Thank you.
This 12 CE Hour Trigger Point & Neuromuscular Therapy Basics is offered as a 2-day Class on the following dates:
- Please select "1:00 pm September 17, 2022" above for the following 2-day schedule: Saturday & Tuesday, September 17 & 20, 2022 from 1:00 pm to 8:00 pm
A 60-minute meal break provided in the middle of class as well as a 10 minute break each class hour
This 12 CE class combines 6 hours of Trigger Point Therapy education and 6 hours of Neuromuscular Therapy education.
In our 6 hours of Trigger Point Therapy education, we will review:
- What is a trigger point
- How to find trigger points
- Common places where trigger points are found
- How to apply pressure to relieve trigger points (and pain)
- Instructor demonstrations of individual trigger point application, entry point, amount of pressure to be used and length of time to hold trigger points
- Hands-on follow along practice with the instructor with trigger point application which you can practice on yourself or a model
- Stories and reviews of trigger point theory
- Communication skills and practices with clients when applying trigger point therapy
- Includes a history review of the 1st female physician to a U.S. President and a "founder" of Trigger Point Therapy: Dr. Janet Travell
Our 6 hours of Neuromuscular Therapy education includes:
- NMT Benefits,
- Postural & Functional Evaluations,
- Nerve Entrapment & Ischemia,
- Assessing & Addressing Pain,
- Pain Relief Agencies & Organizations,
- Treatment Suggestions,
- Instructor Demonstrations,
- NMT Evaluations
- Hands-on NMT Practice while following the instructor on the webinar
At the end of this class, you will have the foundation basics of how Neuromuscular Therapy is practiced with an extended knowledge of trigger point therapy. This class is designed to help therapists provide more exact pain relief in targeted treatments instead of a regular full body massage service.
12 CE Hour Trigger Point & Neuromuscular Therapy Basics FL CE Broker Course #
Please click HERE for all Neuromuscular classes at CE Institute LLC.
12 CE Hour Sports & Neuromuscular Therapy Basics Live Interactive Webinar CE Broker Tracking #: 20-899101
This Neuromuscular Therapy & Trigger Point Therapy class was written and is taught by CE Institute LLC Founder, Selena Belisle. Selena teaches the majority of our NMT and Trigger Point Classes at CE Institute LLC. Wendy Langen also teaches several of our medical classes like this one as well.
Selena has been practicing Neuromuscular Therapy for 25 years and Massage Therapy for 30 years. She started with sports massage when she was competing on Team USA in the Athens Greece Olympic Stadium for her 1st World Championship title in 1989. She went on to win 3 WAF World Titles in Arm Wresting and other various minor sport titles. After the height of her professional athletic career, Selena sought formal “full body” massage therapy training at the Massage Institute of New England in Cambridge, Massachusetts – which touched upon Neuromuscular Therapy in their 1000+ hour program in 1995.
In 1995, Selena also took her first class with Paul St. John at the American Massage Therapy Association National Convention in Boston, MA. She went on to complete numerous Neuromuscular Therapy Certifications in Paul St. John NMT from 1997 to 1999. She has also trained in the 1990s in Neuromuscular Therapy with David Kent. Selena has additionally taken multiple online theoretical studies in structural integration and NMT with Theresa A. Schmidt, Judy Delany, Lu Mueller-Kaul, and Doug Nelson of Precision Neuromuscular Therapy. A larger portion of executing NMT is by working on and relieving active trigger points.
Selena has spent decades training, practicing and teaching NMT, trigger point therapy, deep tissue techniques, myofascial release, postural integration and other integrative bodyworks. With this experience, Selena created a style of postural evaluation and easy/quasi “fix-it” routines for a quick, simplified practice of NMT. Selena’s NMT classes are for beginner to intermediate skill level practitioners. Selena recommends intermediate to advanced NMT training classes from Theresa Schmidt, Judy Delany, David Kent or Lu Mueller-Kaul.
CE Institute LLC prides itself in providing the very best of instructors and educational experiences for our students. Sign-up today and prepare yourself for an incredible 5-star learning experience.