12 CE Hour Hot Stone Massage Workshop (Computer-Based Live Interactive Webinar)
This live course is approved by NCBTMB, FL, SC, GA & TN boards of massage and all states that accept NCBTMB hours. Florida Board of Massage will accept this course as a live "relevant to massage techniques" hands-on training for the 2022/2023 relicensing period due Aug 31, 2023.
If you are taking this training for CE credit, please check with your own board to ensure you will receive the credit you need PRIOR TO registering or paying for this class. There is a $25 cancellation fee to cancel for any reason, plus 7-days notice is required prior to the start of training to change or cancel.
In this live interactive webinar, you will have some opportunity to have instructor interaction with questions/answers and hear other students' questions regarding the presented material. Our webinars are largely interactive with polls, break-out sessions with the other students and more. Please read the email instructions provided prior to the start of your training to get the very most out of it! Please login to your live webinar 30 minutes prior to the start of class. Any student who is not logged in at the start of class, or anyone does not attend the entire online class will not receive a certificate or CE credit. We cannot provide a certificate or partial CE credit for partial attendance for any webinar. Please click HERE to view our Webinar FAQs & Policies. Thank you.
This 12 CE Hour Hot Stone Massage Workshop live interactive webinar is offered in the EASTERN TIME ZONE as a 2-day Class on the following dates:
- Please select "10 am Saturday, April 29, 2023" above for the following 2-day class schedule: Saturday, April 29, 2023 from 10 am to 4:30 pm & Sunday, August 6, 2023 from 1 pm to 7:30 pm EASTERN TIME (there is a several month gap between these 2 dates of class)
- Please select "10 am May 3, 2023" above for the following 2-day class schedule: Wednesday & Thursday, May 3 & 4, 2023 from 10 am to 4:30 pm & Sunday, August 6, 2023 from 1 pm to 7:30 pm EASTERN TIME (there is a several month gap between these 2 dates of class)
- Please select "1 pm August 5, 2023" above for the following 2-day class schedule: Saturday & Sunday, August 5 & 6, 2023 from 1 pm to 7:30 pm
A 30-minute meal break provided in the middle of most classes as well as a 10 minute break each class hour.
In this highly interactive live webinar, the instructor will demonstrate a full body hot stone massage routine and a cold stone facial massage in addition to reviewing the theory, science and safety for providing hot and cold stone massage practice.
12 CE Hour Hot Stone Massage Workshop Class Includes:
- History of Stone Use Through the Centuries/Cultural Uses
- Appropriate (and inappropriate) Stone Types to Use for Hot Stone Bodywork
- Heating Options (we review good and bad options including hot stone warmer, turkey baster, crock pot, hot towel cabi, using a hot water kettle, etc.)
- Stone Types (CE Institute provides you incredible options: Water Tumbled Basalt Stones, Polished Basalt and Polished Granite)
- Stone Classifications (palm stones, cozy stones, sacral stones, etc.)
- Supplies and Equipment Required for a Hot or Cold Stone Service (and how to apply or use each)
- Sanitation Procedures
- Stone Protocol Safety Updates (learn which stone massage protocols have been retired, modified or continue to be practiced)
- 2 Full Body Hot Stone Full Body Massage Instructor Demonstrations (students can follow-along practice with some of the instructor demo)
- One hot stone massage full-body routine with lomilomi inspired massage strokes
- One hot stone massage full-body routine with traditional Swedish inspired massage strokes
- Cold Stone Facial Massage Instructor Demonstration with student hands-on practice along time (webcam sharing encouraged)
Students do NOT need to practice hands-on skills during their live interactive webinar to receive CE credit or a certificate. The only student requirement for CE credit or a certificate is to watch and attend the entire live interactive webinar.
For students who wish to practice hands-on massage stone skills, we simply ask students to collect a few smooths stones for practice during the live interactive webinar. Students to not need to purchase stones for practice during our webinar, in fact, our class provides extensive information about the various types, sizes and shapes of stones that are used in stone massage practice. We advise students to complete our live interactive webinar education first, prior to purchasing equipment or investing into a large stone set.
Within minutes of registration for this live interactive webinar, students will receive an email of how to acquire stones for free (by picking them from nature). Included in the email will be a few Amazon Prime links where students can purchase some stones for minimal costs via amazon.com if someone wants to practice hands-on skills but does not already have stones for hands-on practice. Again, students do not need to practice hands-on skills to receive their CE certificate. The only requirement is to watch and be present for the entire online webinar.
At the end of this class, you will have knowledge of how to properly perform a full body hot stone massage routine, minus receiving instructor direction or feedback to your individual skill level, and how to execute a cold stone facial massage as well. Hot Stone Massage is the #1 Liability of the Massage Industry. All Hot Stone Classes are taught with some of the newest information and latest updates. This class is continually updated to teach you how to protect your clients, and yourself. Stone bodywork is a surreal, therapeutic, magical experience that everyone should practice, receive and enjoy. Sign-up today!
12 CE Hour Hot Stone Massage Workshop FL CE Broker Course #20-796858
Please click HERE for all Hot Stone classes at CE Institute LLC.
Please click HERE to view a monthly calendar of ALL live classes available at CE Institute LLC.
This Hot Stone Massage class was written and taught by CE Institute LLC Founder, Selena Belisle. It will now be taught by CE Provider Cindy Connolly here at CE Institute LLC - Cindy's last position was running the CE Provider Department of NCBTMB.
Selena has been practicing massage therapy for 30 years. She started with sports massage when she was competing on Team USA in the Athens Greece Olympic Stadium for her 1st World Championship title. She went on to win 3 WAF World Titles in Arm Wresting and other various minor sport titles. After the height of her professional athletic career, Selena sought formal “full body” massage therapy training in 1995 in a 1,000+ hour program at the Massage Institute of New England in Cambridge, Massachusetts – the same city where other schools such as MIT and Harvard University are located.
Selena started with Hot Stone Massage during her tenure at the Massage Institute. She went on to complete an additional Stone Massage Certification with European Stone Massage, LLC in 2002. She further trained in Sabai Hot Stone Massage in 2008 and completed an intensive volcanic basalt and mineral geology study (including the Thurston and Hana lava tubes) in Big Island and Maui Hawaii in 2017. Selena has also trained with other various instructors in both live and online classes as part of her 25-year practice with hot and cold stone massage. Please click HERE to view a more complete list of Selena’s accolades including her publications, training and experience.
Selena founded and managed a large alternative health care clinic from 1996 – 2005. She also spent 5-years training and managing a 2nd staff as a Newbury Street Spa Owner in Boston, MA from 2005 to 2010. In both practices, Selena regularly taught hot stone massage to her staff, and offered stone massage as a core menu item. Selena has always believed in the therapeutic effects of this natural thermal therapy remedy.
Selena has also researched the latest industry information about the injuries that have occurred from improper practice of hot stone massage – particularly the injuries that happened from therapists who practiced hot stone work with little to no proper training. Selena’s classes are taught in a manner to help therapists avoid injuring their clients with this modality, while providing positive therapeutic effects and pain relief.
CE Institute LLC prides itself in providing the very best of instructors and educational experiences for our students. Sign-up today and prepare yourself for an incredible 5-star learning experience.
Please enjoy Massage Magazine's article about Hot Stone Massage Sanitation during times of COVID-19, written by CE Institute LLC Founder/Instructor and published expert - Selena Belisle: