12 CE Hour Prenatal Massage (Computer-Based Live Interactive Webinar)
:This live course is approved by NCBTMB, FL, SC, GA & TN boards of massage and all states that accept NCBTMB hours. Florida Board of Massage will accept this course as a live "relevant to massage techniques" hands-on training for the 2022/2023 relicensing period due Aug 31, 2023.
If you are taking this training for CE credit, please check with your own board to ensure you will receive the credit you need PRIOR TO registering or paying for this class. There is a $25 cancellation fee to cancel for any reason, plus 7-days notice is required prior to the start of training to change or cancel.
In this live interactive webinar, you will have some opportunity to have instructor interaction with questions/answers and hear other students' questions regarding the presented material. Our webinars are largely interactive with polls, break-out sessions with the other students and more. Please read the email instructions provided prior to the start of your training to get the very most out of it! Please login to your live webinar 30 minutes prior to the start of class. Any student who is not logged in at the start of class, or anyone does not attend the entire online class will not receive a certificate or CE credit. We cannot provide a certificate or partial CE credit for partial attendance for any webinar. Please click HERE to view our Webinar FAQs & Policies. Thank you.
This 12 CE Hour Prenatal Massage live interactive webinar is offered in the EASTERN TIME ZONE on the following dates:
Please select "12:00 pm August 26, 2023" above for the following 2-day class schedule: Saturday & Sunday, August 26 & 27, 2023 from 12:00 pm to 6:30 pm in Eastern Time
A 30-minute meal break provided in the middle of class as well as a 10 minute break each class hour.
In this 12 CE Hour Prenatal Massage Class, you will learn and/or view:
- Pregnancy Classifications
- Overview of a "High-Risk" Pregnancy
- Overview of Bed Rest & Pelvic Rest Pregnancies
- Extensive Prenatal Vocabulary
- Prenatal Massage Contraindications
- Addressing Issues of Aromatherapy & Reflexology with Pregnancy
- Basic Setup Practices of Prenatal Massage
- Instructor Demonstration of Prenatal Sidelying Massage
- Student Practice (follow-along) of Sidelying Massage
- Prenatal Massage Benefits
- Miscarriage Statistics, Quotes & Info
- Recommended Prenatal Bodywork by Trimester
- Prenatal Massage "Practical Time" Instructions
- Overview of Prenatal Massage Options and Positions
- Prenatal Massage Appointment Setup & Prescreening
- Prenatal Massage Research, Statistics & Studies
- Instructor "Show & Tell" of Various Prenatal Massage Body Cushion Systems
- Instructor Demonstration of Prenatal Massage Body Cushion "Setup" for 3 - 9+ Months of Pregnancy
- Instructor Demonstration to Setup, Breakdown and Practice "Turnover" Time in Prenatal Body Cushions
- Instructor Demonstration of Client Intake, Mount & Dismount into Prenatal Massage Body Cushions
- Instructor Demonstration of Prenatal Massage in the "Prenatal Triangle" in the Prenatal Body Cushions
Prenatal Massage Strokes Taught in the 12 CE Class Include:
- Knuckling and circular friction throughout body
- Sidelying arm over shoulder skills
- Specific hands and feet bodywork for prenatal clients
- V-tracing of the spine
- Extensive facial, neck and chest massage in semi-recumbent position
- Ce Institute LLC's "pull backwards" techniques
- Prone back and hip massage in body cushions including Lomi Lomi hand stroke from ankle to shoulder and back
- Taking the back for a walk (on the massage table)
- Lomi Lomi strokes of arms/back and face
- Deep tissue strokes in back, shoulders and hips (All students are welcomed to watch the deep tissue instructor demonstrations; however, all deep tissue prenatal bodywork should be performed by existing/trained deep tissue practitioners. Prenatal massage is not an appropriate course to try to learn deep tissue techniques for the 1st time. Students who wish to perform deep tissue massage on pregnant women should 1st learn how to practice deep tissue bodywork prior to attempting to learn specific deep tissue techniques for pregnant women!)
- CE Institute LLC's deep tissue "shorts" (in upper back and hips)
- Trigger point work in hips and prenatal triangle
- Extensive prenatal massage of back, legs, arms, shoulders, chest and face with Swedish effleurage, split, forearm and circular effleurages, scooping and petrissage or kneading with full hands and knuckles
- Extensive EXTENSIVE work around the prenatal hips aka CE Institute LLC's "half moons"
12 CE Hour Prenatal Massage FL CE Broker Course #20-796568
This live interactive webinar will now be taught by CE Provider Cindy Connolly here at CE Institute LLC - Cindy's last position was running the CE Provider Department of NCBTMB.
Instructor Selena Belisle has been practicing massage therapy for 30 years, and teaching prenatal massage for the past 20+ years. She created one of the 1st alternative health care practices in New England (from 1996 until she successfully sold the business in 2005), where she managed a staff of over 40 massage therapists, 4 acupuncturists and 4 chiropractors. She spent another 5-years training and managing a 2nd staff as a Newbury Street Spa Owner in Boston, MA from 2005 to 2010. In 2011, Selena moved to South Beach Miami and founded CE Institute LLC.
During Selena's 10-year alternative healthcare business tenureship, she worked closely with multiple Boston area hospital OB-GYNs who referred hundreds of pregnant women for prenatal massage. As such, Selena trained and worked with an enormous amount of prenatal positions, cushions, pillows and equipment. She has performed (and trained others to provide) extensive prenatal body cushion massage, prenatal side-lying massage and prenatal chair massage. You can view more of Selena’s accolades including her publications, training and experience by clicking HERE.
CE Institute LLC prides itself in providing the very best of instructors and educational experiences for our students. Sign-up today and prepare yourself for an incredible 5-star learning experience.