12 CE Hour Ayurvedic Massage Live Interactive Webinar
This highly interactive webinar WILL count as a 12 CE Hour live hands-on class with both NCBTMB & the Florida Board of Massage!
This is an identical class to our live presentation however because of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are now offering it at a reduced price via a live webinar. You will have some opportunity to have instructor interaction with questions/answers and hear other students' questions regarding the presented material. There will be multiple instructor demonstrations of bodywork with plentiful student practice-along time. Our webinars are largely interactive with polls, break-out sessions with the other students and more. We will email a link to access your live webinar shortly before the start of this online webinar. Please login to your live webinar 30 minutes prior to the start of class. Any student who is not logged in at the start of class, or anyone does not attend the entire online class will not receive a certificate or CE credit. We cannot provide a certificate or partial CE credit for partial attendance for any webinar. Please click HERE to view our Webinar FAQs & Policies. Thank you.
This 12 CE Hour Ayurvedic Massage Live Interactive Webinar class is offered as a 1-day or 2-day class on the following dates:
- Please select "11:00 am March 23, 2021 for the following 2-day class schedule: Tuesday & Wednesday, March 23 & 24, 2021 from 11 am to 6:00 pm (this class will have a 60-minute lunch break instead of a 30-minute lunch period)
- Please select "10:00 am May 2, 2021 for the following 2-day class schedule: Sunday & Monday, May 2 & 3, 2021 from 10 am to 4:30 pm
- Please select "1:00 pm June 22, 2021 for the following 2-day class schedule: Tuesday & Wednesday, June 22 & 23, 2021 from 1 pm to 7:30 pm
- Please select "10:00 am July 24, 2021 for the following 2-day class schedule: Saturday & Sunday, July 24 & 25, 2021 from 10 am to 4:30 pm
- Please select "10:00 am August 29, 2021 for the following 1-day class schedule: Sunday & Monday, August 29 & 30, 2021 from 10 am to 4:30 pm
Ayurveda is one of the oldest traditional medical practices from India. Ayurveda is translated as the Science of Life or Knowledge of Life. The word “Ayus” means “life” and “Veda” meaning “science” or “knowledge”.
In this class you will learn how to perform a full body Ayurvedic Massage known as Abhyanga. The effectiveness of Abhyanga is due to the profound and deeply relaxing friction-based strokes using warm oil and a mindful touch. The calm approach and relaxed state during the massage promotes circulation, provides a general sense of wellbeing, and opposes the effects of everyday stress and strains on the body and mind.
Abhyanga is a deeply relaxing oil massage for the whole body and it is given with gentle rhythmic strokes that help restore the balance of the Doshas, the functional aspect of the body according to Ayurveda.
To understand Abhyanga, it is necessary to understand the basic principles of Ayurveda. The balance and inner calm of the therapist plays an important role. These are the aspects of this ancient technique that will be transmitted to you during this class.
- Understand the Basic principles of Ayurveda
- Learn self-abhyanga(Ayurvedic massage) for inner peace and balance
- Watch instructor demonstration of an Abhyanga Full Body Ayurvedic Massage
- Practice Abhyanga Full Body Ayurvedic Massage
- Perform Body constitution evaluation/questionnaire
- Learn about Tridoshas: Vata, Pitta and Kapha
- Learn how to customize your full body Ayurvedic treatments
- Determine appropriate massage oil for each client
- Student lab to custom blend oils for the 3 doshas
- Learn Abhyanga benefits and contraindications
We invite you to immerse yourself in the life-changing training of this ancient science and I look forward to sharing the theory and practical elements that make this timeless tradition such a sacred and powerful addition to your current practice.
Abhyanga is a growing treatment and service provided in various spa and therapeutic settings. After this class, students will be able to independently customize and provide a one hour full body abhyanga appointment for clients. A few weeks before the webinar, students will be able to download a written protocol, workbook and client questionnaire that are used to independently provide this very special appointment service Add another service to your existing repertoire and find a new way to work with Abhyanga!
About your Ayurvedic Instructor:
Desiree Collazo runs our Ayurvedic Program at CE Institute LLC. She was initiated as Swami Shantiananda of the Shiva Kriya Yoga School of Divine Values and is a licensed massage therapist, esthetician, Reiki Master, Yoga Instructor, Ayurvedic consultant and practitioner. She is a teacher of various ancient and modern modalities of healing.
Prior to reaching CE Institute LLC, Desiree spent 19 years as staff at one of the most popular and prestigious massage schools in South Florida - Cortiva formerly known as the Florida College of Natural Health. She started as an instructor and worked her way up to become the Director of Education for the Miami Campus until the school closed in 2019.
Desiree’s interest in Ayurveda began during her education as a massage student in 1998, where she started her self-studies and attended local workshops. She accomplished her Panchakarma apprentice training with Dr. Aparna Bapat in September 2008. In 2009 she travelled to India to further her proficiency in Panchakarma Therapies under the guidance of Drs. Sapna, Rajesh Deven and team. Desiree now organizes annual trips and travels to India every year to further her Ayurvedic studies and practices.
On August 2009, Desiree received a Bachelor of Vedic Studies (Ayurveda) from the Sai Ayurvedic College of Miami. Her teaching career began in 2000 in her alma mater as a Clinical Massage and Basic Skincare instructor, and later in the Paramedical Skincare program, which included Ayurveda training.
Desiree has lectured at National Beauty Conferences and has written various courses as an approved CE provider for the Florida Board of Massage and Board of Cosmetology. She continues to provide CE seminars for the bodywork and spa industry plus lectures on the sciences of Yoga and Ayurveda.