12 CE Hour Trigger Point Therapy & Myofascial Release (Computer-Based Live Interactive Webinar)
This live course is approved by NCBTMB, FL, SC, GA & TN boards of massage and all states that accept NCBTMB hours. Florida Board of Massage will accept this course as a live "relevant to massage techniques" hands-on training for the 2022/2023 relicensing period due Aug 31, 2023.
If you are taking this training for CE credit, please check with your own board to ensure you will receive the credit you need PRIOR TO registering or paying for this class. There is a $25 cancellation fee to cancel for any reason, plus 7-days notice is required prior to the start of training to change or cancel.
In this live interactive webinar, you will have some opportunity to have instructor interaction with questions/answers and hear other students' questions regarding the presented material. Our webinars are largely interactive with polls, break-out sessions with the other students and more. Please read the email instructions provided prior to the start of your training to get the very most out of it! Please login to your live webinar 30 minutes prior to the start of class. Any student who is not logged in at the start of class, or anyone does not attend the entire online class will not receive a certificate or CE credit. We cannot provide a certificate or partial CE credit for partial attendance for any webinar. Thank you.
This 12 CE Hour Trigger Point Therapy & Myofascial Release Live Interactive Webinar Class is offered in the EASTERN TIME ZONE on the following dates:
- Please select "1 pm September 17, 2022" above for the following 2-day schedule: Saturday & Wednesday, September 17 & 21 2022 from 1:00 pm to 7:30 pm in Eastern Time. THERE WILL BE NO CLASS ON SUNDAY, MONDAY & TUESDAY.
- Please select "10 am February 25, 2023" above for the following 2-day schedule: Saturday & Sunday, February 25 & 26, 2023 from 10:00 am to 4:30 pm in Eastern Time.
- Please select "10 am April 1, 2023" above for the following 2-day schedule: Saturday & Sunday, April 1 & 2, 2023 from 10:00 am to 4:30 pm in Eastern Time.
- Please select "10 am April 2, 2023" above for the following 2-day schedule: Sunday & Wednesday, April 2 & 5, 2023 from 10:00 am to 4:30 pm in Eastern Time. THERE WILL BE NO CLASS ON MONDAY & TUESDAY.
- Please select "1 pm May 15, 2023" above for the following 2-day schedule: Monday & Tuesday, May 15 & 16, 2023 from 1:00 pm to 7:30 pm in Eastern Time.
- Please select "1 pm August 27, 2023" above for the following 2-day schedule: Sunday & Monday, August 27 & 28, 2023 from 1:00 pm to 7:30 pm in Eastern Time.
A 30-minute meal break provided in the middle of class as well as a 10 minute break each class hour.
The following is included in the 12 CE Hour Trigger Point Therapy & Myofascial Release Course:
- Identify trigger points and myofascial restrictions
- Definition of what is a trigger point
- How to find trigger points
- Learn common places where trigger points are found
- How to apply pressure to relieve trigger points (and pain)
- Instructor demonstrations of individual trigger point application, entry point, amount of pressure to be used and length of time to hold trigger points
- Hands-on practice time of trigger point application
- Stories and reviews of trigger point theory
- Communication skills and practices with clients when applying trigger point therapy
- Includes a history review of the 1st female physician to a U.S. President and a "founder" of Trigger Point Therapy: Dr. Janet Travell
- Learn the different types of fascia and it's compositional make-up
- Learn how pressure separates fascia and provides greater ROM
- Myofascial Skin Rolling
- Alphabet Stroking (myofascial technique)
- Clock technique (to find myofascial restrictions)
- Overall Myofascial Stretching
- Trigger Point Pressure Application & Direction with the Therapist's:
Hands-on Skills will be taught for:
- Anterior Rotated Shoulder/Deltoid
- Taught IT Band
- Upper Leg Pain
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Upper Arm Pain
- Tennis Elbow
- Anteriorly Rotated Shoulder/Pecs
For your live webinar training, most of the trigger points that we will work on will be within reach of the student’s own hands on their own body; however, for an **enhanced training experience**, students may want to purchase a therapy cane if they do not already have one. Therapy canes cost on average between $20 to $35, and they are a valuable lifelong tool a therapist can use to care for themselves. You do not need a therapy cane to take this class; however, there are some trigger points you might not be able to reach on yourself during hands-on practice time without the cane. The boards also do not require that you practice hands-on skills during the webinar to receive CE credit or a certificate - you're only requirement is to watch, listen and attend the entire webinar.
Your trigger point webinar training will also include intra-oral work (briefly inside your own mouth). Students should have a way to sanitize their hands pre and post intra-oral work during the webinar. And because intra-oral work is not recommended on others during the COVID pandemic, and because the instructor will be focused on a student's technique moreso than a live model’s response to the work, it is best for students to solely work on themselves during this incredible online training experience in trigger point therapy (your myofascial training day will have live model practice time available).
We feel it is BEST to use your HANDS to practice trigger point therapy especially when working with clients. However, we also feel that using a therapy cane will be valuable tool to find, feel and learn more about trigger point therapy during your online webinar.
For myofascial release hands-on skills training, live model practice time is available. Students who do not have live models can practice on themselves or simply watch the instructor demonstrations. Live model practice time is only provided to registered students with other valuable class details after a student registers for their webinar. Each class has individual hands-on practice time that varies from class date to class date, and can change - which is why this information is only provided and continually updated for registered students ONLY.
Important note: the boards do not require students to practice hands-on skills to receive CE credit or a certificate. The board's only requirement is for students to watch and attend the entire webinar where there will be plentiful instructor demonstration of this hands-on bodywork
12 CE Hour Trigger Point Therapy & Myofascial Release FL CE Broker Course #20-793440
This Trigger Point Therapy & Myofascial Release class was written by CE Institute LLC Founder, Selena Belisle. Selena teaches the majority of Myofascial & Trigger Point classes at CE Institute LLC.
Selena has been practicing massage therapy for 30 years. She started with sports massage in 1989 when she was competing on Team USA in the Athens Greece Olympic Stadium for her 1st World Championship title. She went on to win 3 WAF World Titles in Arm Wresting and other various minor sport titles. After the height of her professional athletic career, Selena sought formal “full body” massage therapy training in 1995 in a 1,000+ hour program at the Massage Institute of New England in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Performing myofascial release and trigger point therapy was a core part of the Massage Institute’s curriculum. Selena went on to receive multiple live class NMT Certifications from 1997 to 1999 in Paul St. John Neuromuscular Therapy. One of the most basics foundations of our NMT work from the 1990s was to relieve trigger points for optimal function and well-being. She has also completed live class certifications in Myofascial Release with John Barnes (1990s), Robert King (2001) and George Kousaleos of the CORE Institute (2000), plus a series of online introductory courses in Anatomy Trains with Tom Myers (2016), another series of online theoretical myofascial technique courses with Til Lachua (from 2015 to 2018) and several other clinical, pain relief, trigger point and myofascial online classes with Theresa Schmidt, DPT, MS, OCS, LMT, CEAS, CHY, DD (from 2016 to 2017), amongst many other live and online classes in various modalities. You can view a more complete list of Selena’s accolades including her publications, training and experience by clicking HERE.
Selena feels that it is often helpful to study Trigger Point Therapy & Myofascial Release modalities together – even though they are VERY DIFFERENT modalities and applications. Selena has extensive experience in successfully applying these modalities when she worked on various athletes from the New England Patriots during the time that they succeeded to legendary superstar status. Selena also created one of New England’s largest alternative health care clinics in the 1990s, where thousands of customers sought natural pain relief remedies with these modalities for an entire decade, prior to her successful sale of the business to another chiropractor in 2005. She also spent another 5-years training and managing a 2nd staff as a Newbury Street Spa Owner in Boston, MA from 2005 to 2010. Selena’s industry work history, training and teaching experience would be difficult to surpass.
CE Institute LLC prides itself in providing the very best of instructors and educational experiences for our students. Sign-up today and prepare yourself for an incredible 5-star learning experience.