12 CE Hour Myofascial & Neuromuscular Therapy (Computer-Based Live Interactive Webinar)
This live course is approved by NCBTMB, FL, SC, GA & TN boards of massage and all states that accept NCBTMB hours. Florida Board of Massage will accept this course as a live "relevant to massage techniques" hands-on training for the 2022/2023 relicensing period due Aug 31, 2023.
If you are taking this training for CE credit, please check with your own board to ensure you will receive the credit you need PRIOR TO registering or paying for this class. There is a $25 cancellation fee to cancel for any reason, plus 7-days notice is required prior to the start of training to change or cancel.
In this live interactive webinar, you will have some opportunity to have instructor interaction with questions/answers and hear other students' questions regarding the presented material. Our webinars are largely interactive with polls, break-out sessions with the other students and more. Please read the email instructions provided prior to the start of your training to get the very most out of it! Please login to your live webinar 30 minutes prior to the start of class. Any student who is not logged in at the start of class, or anyone does not attend the entire online class will not receive a certificate or CE credit. We cannot provide a certificate or partial CE credit for partial attendance for any webinar. Please click HERE to view our Webinar FAQs & Policies. Thank you.
This 12 CE Hour Myofascial & Neuromuscular Therapy Live Interactive Webinar Class is offered on the following dates:
- Please select "1:00 pm Sept 20, 2022" above for the following 2-day class schedule: Tuesday & Wednesday, September 20 & 21, 2022 from 1:00 pm - 7:30 pm in EASTERN TIME.
- Please select "10:00 am April 2, 2023" above for the following 2-day class schedule: Sunday & Monday, April 2 & 3, 2023 from 10:00 am - 4:30 pm EASTERN TIME.
- Please select "10:00 am April 3, 2023" above for the following 2-day class schedule: Monday, April 3, 2023 from 10:00 am - 4:30 pm & Tuesday May 16, 2023 from 1:00 pm - 7:30 pm in EASTERN TIME. THERE IS A SEVERAL WEEK GAP BETWEEN THESE TWO WEEKDAY CLASS DATES, AND THE 2 CLASS DATES START AT DIFFERENT TIMES!
- Please select "1:00 pm August 26, 2023" above for the following 2-day class schedule: Saturday & Monday, August 26 & 28, 2023 from 1:00 pm - 7:30 pm in EASTERN TIME. (THERE IS NO CLASS ON SUNDAY).
A 30-minute meal break provided in the middle of class as well as a 10 minute break each class hour.
The following is included in the 12 CE Hour Myofascial & Neuromuscular Therapy Live Interactive Webinar Course:
- Learning More about Neuromuscular Therapy (aka NMT) Benefits
- Postural & Functional Evaluations
- Nerve Entrapment & Ischemia
- Assessing & Addressing Pain
- Pain Relief Agencies & Organizations
- Treatment Suggestions
- Instructor Demonstrations of NMT Skills
- Student Practice Along Hands-on Practice of NMT Skills
- Myofascial Skin Rolling
- Alphabet Stroking (myofascial technique)
- Clock technique (to find myofascial restrictions)
- Overall Myofascial Stretching
- Neuromuscular techniques for elevated and rounded shoulders, hyperkyphosis, stripping forearms, etc.
Hands-on Skills will be taught for:
- Anterior Rotated Shoulder/Deltoid
- Taut IT Band
- Upper Leg Pain
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Upper Arm Pain
- Tennis Elbow
- Anteriorly Rotated Shoulder/Pecs
12 CE Hour Myofascial & Neuromuscular Therapy Live Interactive Webinar CE Broker Course #20-795929
Please click HERE for all Myofascial Release classes at CE Institute LLC.
Please click HERE to view a monthly calendar of ALL live classes available at CE Institute LLC.
This Trigger Point Therapy & Myofascial Release class was written by CE Institute LLC Founder, Selena Belisle. Selena teaches the majority of Myofascial & Trigger Point classes at CE Institute LLC.
Selena has been practicing massage therapy for 30 years. She started with sports massage in 1989 when she was competing on Team USA in the Athens Greece Olympic Stadium for her 1st World Championship title. She went on to win 3 WAF World Titles in Arm Wresting and other various minor sport titles. After the height of her professional athletic career, Selena sought formal “full body” massage therapy training in 1995 in a 1,000+ hour program at the Massage Institute of New England in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Performing myofascial release and trigger point therapy was a core part of the Massage Institute’s curriculum. Selena went on to receive multiple live class NMT Certifications from 1997 to 1999 in Paul St. John Neuromuscular Therapy. One of the most basics foundations of our NMT work from the 1990s was to relieve trigger points for optimal function and well-being. She has also completed live class certifications in Myofascial Release with John Barnes (1990s), Robert King (2001) and George Kousaleos of the CORE Institute (2000), plus a series of online introductory courses in Anatomy Trains with Tom Myers (2016), another series of online theoretical myofascial technique courses with Til Lachua (from 2015 to 2018) and several other clinical, pain relief, trigger point and myofascial online classes with Theresa Schmidt, DPT, MS, OCS, LMT, CEAS, CHY, DD (from 2016 to 2017), amongst many other live and online classes in various modalities. You can view a more complete list of Selena’s accolades including her publications, training and experience by clicking HERE.
Selena feels that it is often helpful to study Trigger Point Therapy & Myofascial Release modalities together – even though they are VERY DIFFERENT modalities and applications. Selena has extensive experience in successfully applying these modalities when she worked on various athletes from the New England Patriots during the time that they succeeded to legendary superstar status. Selena also created one of New England’s largest alternative health care clinics in the 1990s, where thousands of customers sought natural pain relief remedies with these modalities for an entire decade, prior to her successful sale of the business to another chiropractor in 2005. She also spent another 5-years training and managing a 2nd staff as a Newbury Street Spa Owner in Boston, MA from 2005 to 2010. Selena’s industry work history, training and teaching experience would be difficult to surpass.
CE Institute LLC prides itself in providing the very best of instructors and educational experiences for our students. Sign-up today and prepare yourself for an incredible 5-star learning experience.