24 CE Advanced Lava Lomi Lomi with Alohatherapy Live Interactive Webinar
This highly interactive webinar WILL count as a 24 CE Hour live hands-on class with both NCBTMB & The Florida Board of Massage!
This is an identical class to our live presentation however because of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are now offering it at a reduced price via a live webinar. You will have some opportunity to have instructor interaction with questions/answers and hear other students' questions regarding the presented material. There will be plentiful instructor demonstrations with student practice along sessions. Students can practice on themselves or on a live model or both during this class. Our webinars are largely interactive with polls, break-out sessions with the other students and more. We will email a link to access your live webinar shortly before the start of this online webinar. Please login to your live webinar 30 minutes prior to the start of class. Any student who is not logged in at the start of class, or anyone does not attend the entire online class will not receive a certificate or CE credit. We cannot provide a certificate or partial CE credit for partial attendance for any webinar. Please click HERE to view our Webinar FAQs & Policies. Thank you.
This 24 CE Hour Advanced Lava Lomi Lomi with Alohatherapy live interactive webinar class is offered on the following dates:
- Please select "10 am March 6, 2021" above for the following 4-Day class schedule:
- Saturday, March 6, 2021 from 10 am to 5:00 pm (there will be 10 minute breaks with every hour of class and a one-hour lunch break on Saturday)
- Sunday, Tuesday & Wednesday, March 7, 9 & 10, 2021 from 10 am to 4:30 pm (there will be 10 minute breaks with every hour of class and a 30-minute lunch break on these days)
- There will be NO class on Monday with this 24-hour March 2021 class
- Please select "9 am June 5, 2021" above for the following 4-day class schedule:
- Saturday June 5, 2021 from 9 am to 4:00 pm (there will be 10 minute breaks with every hour of class and a one-hour lunch break on Saturday)
- Sunday, June 6, 2021 from 9 am to 3:00 pm (there will be 10 minute breaks with every hour of class and no lunch break on Sunday)
- Monday & Tuesday June 7 & 8, 2021 from 1 pm to 7:30 pm (there is a 10 minute break every hour of class on Monday & Tuesday as well as a 30 minute meal break in the middle of each day)
This Lomi Lomi Bodywork Class is strongly influenced by ancient Hawaiian temple massage practices. The bodywork is performed with mostly forearms and long captivating strokes. There are 3 sections to this class. 12 hours will be spent on Hawaiian Lomi Lomi massage, where you will be provided a brief lecture in:
- Hawaii’s history, peace and hostility
- Pule or prayer
- Your Sovereignty
- Hawaiian heiau
- Hawaiian language
- Hawaiian culture and sharing
- Anatomy versus nature
- The sacredness of bone
- Geographical isolation
- Religious influence
- Lack of standardization
The lomi strokes taught in this class include:
- Prone: Short & Long Back Strokes
- Prone: Hand & Forearm Strokes Heel to Head (and back)
- Prone: Sole of Foot Forearm Stroking
- Prone: Heel to Wrist Stroking (and back)
- Supine: Face Work with Forearms
- Supine: Wrist to Waste Stroking
- Supine: Simultaneous Chest & Back Strokes
- Supine: Abdominal Work (optional)
- Supine: Simultaneous Anterior & Posterior Leg Strokes
- Supine: Foot Work with Forearms
In the 6 hour lava lomi section, we will combine the lomi strokes with volcanic stones to perform full body lava lomi, plus a brief lecture in:
- The history of using lave and stone for health purposes
- Bodywork contraindications
- Therapeutic effects of heated stone work
- Lava stone classifications & categories
- Supplies required for lava lomi application
- Instructor demonstration using hot stones to perform lava lomi massage
- Students can practice with or without stones (stones should be used without heat during live computer webinar training) on a live model, paper body, pillows or massage table (whatever the student can provide)
We will use bolsters, the face cradle and top/bottom sheets (draping is with full sheets instead of a towel). Students should be comfortable fully undressing for practice. Genitalia and breast tissue are covered with draping at all times; however, in prone position, 1/2 the body is exposed from head to heel for long body stroking (no gluteal cleveage or genitalia are exposed).
6 hours of the class will also be aromatherapy (aka alohatherapy). There will be theoretical aromatherapy studies along with long body lomi stroke massage application on a live model, paper body or pillows. The aromatherapy studies include:
- Essential Oil Contraindications,
- Skin Sensitizations & Irritations,
- Phototoxic Oils,
- Essential Oil Physiology,
- Physiological Effects,
- Therapeutic Effects,
- Classifications & Categories, Notes: Top, Middle & Base,
- Types of Use
- Review 25+ Essential Oils and Synergy Oil Blending Practices.
Multiple Instructor Demonstrations plus Student Hands-on practice time on oneself, a live model (if you have one available), paper bodies, pillows and/or massage table is provided throughout this incredible, multi-day 24 CE Hour Learning Opportunity. Enjoy a taste of Hawaii without leaving the your home and immerse yourself in a true authentic experience.
Advanced Lava Lomi Lomi with Alohatherapy Live Interactive Webinar CE Broker #20-760755
Please click HERE to view a monthly calendar of ALL live classes available at CE Institute LLC.
This Lomi massage class was written and is taught by CE Institute LLC Founder, Selena Belisle. Selena has been a Certified Holistic Aromatherapy for 25 years. She completed a 1-year Holistic Aromatherapy Certification from The New England Center for Aromatherapy in 1995. She also took elective aromatherapy courses at the Massage Institute of New England in the 1990s. You can view a more complete list of Selena’s accolades including her publications, training and experience by clicking HERE.
Selena has been practicing massage therapy for 30 years. She started with sports massage in 1989, and later sought formal “full body” massage therapy training in a 1,000+ hour program at the Massage Institute of New England in Cambridge, Massachusetts. It was at the Massage Institute in 1995 where Selena met and trained with a student of Kahuna Abraham Kawai`i. Selena’s instructor (Christine), taught Selena her first strokes in Ancient Temple Style Lomi Massage and other authentic Hawaiian cultural practices. Selena was drawn into Hawaiian history and healing practices when she learned about the ahupua'a system in the 1990s. Selena’s practice/study of Ancient Temple Style Lomi Lomi Massage and Hawaiian culture/history spans 25 years. She has trained and practiced in both Ancient Temple Style and Auntie Margaret/Big Island style Lomi Massage.
In more recent years, Selena completed an intensive week-long Lomi Lomi workshop by Harry Uhuane & Sila Jim in: Creating Space, Bone Washing, Po'o, Lomi HA, Kala'e, and Laulima. The course was created and taught by Halau Uhane Lomilomi Lapa'au, School for Sacred Soul Teaching and Healing through Native Hawaiian Culture Traditions in 2018. In 2017, Selena studied Lomi Massage in Maui and Big Island Hawaii. This included a month-long trip to multiple heiaus, a sacred-sites tour by a native Hawaiian Lomi Brother, another 3-day Lomi Massage course in Pahoa from Kalani Honua Inc., working with half a dozen other native lomi massage practitioners, participating in several different special Hawaiian practices amongst the Hawaiian people and visiting even more ancient and revered Hawaiian places and settings. Selena has also completed the Sacred Lomi Hawaiian Temple Bodywork workshop and several more lomi massage trainings with other various Lomi “instructors” – some being authentic - and some not.
Selena will be returning to the Hawaiian Islands for another month in the Fall of 2019 to continue her Hawaiian healing and cultural training. This includes her geology studies of volcanic basalt and minerals plus her aromatherapy studies of indigenous Hawaiian plants – many of which are (or were) used for medicinal purposes. Selena invites her lomi students to join her Hawaiian trips and explorations, as means to spread the word of our Hawaiian culture. Selena’s experience with true Hawaiians is that they are a giving people who want to share their heritage (so that it is not lost) – which is what Selena achieves amongst her students in her authentic lomi massage classes.
Register for your CE Institute LLC Lomi Massage class today, to become part of our Ohana (lomi family). Not only will you add a wonderful healing modality to your practice with Lomi massage, but you will also gain from your fellow students some new lomi brothers, lomi sisters, lomi mamas and/or lomi papas! Aloha and Mahalo.
Please enjoy Massage Magazine's article about Lomi Lomi Massage written by a published expert and CE Institute LLC Founder/Instructor - Selena Belisle:
Please enjoy Massage Magazine's article about Hot Stone Massage Sanitation during times of COVID-19, written by a published expert and CE Institute LLC Founder/Instructor - Selena Belisle: