12 CE Sports Massage & Myofascial Release (Computer-Based Live Interactive Webinar)
This live course is approved by NCBTMB, FL, SC, GA & TN boards of massage and all states that accept NCBTMB hours. Florida Board of Massage will accept this course as a live "relevant to massage techniques" hands-on training for the 2022/2023 relicensing period due Aug 31, 2023.
If you are taking this training for CE credit, please check with your own board to ensure you will receive the credit you need PRIOR TO registering or paying for this class. There is a $25 cancellation fee to cancel for any reason, plus 7-days notice is required prior to the start of training to change or cancel.
In this live interactive webinar, you will have some opportunity to have instructor interaction with questions/answers and hear other students' questions regarding the presented material. Our webinars are largely interactive with polls, break-out sessions with the other students and more. Please read the email instructions provided prior to the start of your training to get the very most out of it! Please login to your live webinar 30 minutes prior to the start of class. Any student who is not logged in at the start of class, or anyone does not attend the entire online class will not receive a certificate or CE credit. We cannot provide a certificate or partial CE credit for partial attendance for any webinar. Please click HERE to view our Webinar FAQs & Policies. Thank you.
This 12 CE Sports Massage & Myofascial Release Live Interactive Webinar Class is offered on the following dates:
- Please select "1 pm September 18, 2022" above for the following 2-day schedule: Sunday & Wednesday, September 18 & 21 2022 from 1:00 pm to 7:30 pm. THERE WILL BE NO CLASS ON MONDAY & TUESDAY.
- Please select "10 am February 25, 2023" above for the following 2-day schedule: Saturday, February 25, 2023 & Tuesday, April 4, 2023 from 10:00 am to 4:30 pm. THERE WILL BE NO CLASS ON MONDAY. THERE IS A SEVERAL WEEK GAP BETWEEN THESE TWO CLASS DATES.
- Please select "10 am April 2, 2023" above for the following 2-day schedule: Sunday & Tuesday, April 2 & 4, 2023 from 10:00 am to 4:30 pm. THERE WILL BE NO CLASS ON MONDAY.
Please select "10 am April 4, 2023" above for the following 2-day schedule: Tuesday April, 4, 2023 from 10:00 am to 4:30 pm & Tuesday May 16, 2023 from 1:00 pm - 7:30 pm in EASTERN TIME. THERE IS A SEVERAL WEEK GAP BETWEEN THESE TWO WEEKDAY CLASS DATES, AND THE 2 CLASS DATES START AT DIFFERENT TIMES!
- Please select "1 pm August 28, 2023" above for the following 2-day schedule: Monday & Tuesday, August 28 & 29, 2023 from 1:00 pm to 7:30 pm.
A 30-minute meal break provided in the middle of class as well as a 10 minute break each class hour.
This 12 CE Hour Class combines sports massage and myofascial training together. 6 CE hours of training will be spent on each subject.
6 Hours dedicated to Sports Massage training, specifically reviews working with athletes and teaches basic sports massage event routines/work. Sports Massage Training in this class includes basic theory & science of:
- Muscle Movement, Contraction & Reflex (or lack of in extreme athletes)
- Hands-on Practice of Reciprocal Inhibition for Muscle Cramping
- Thermal Therapy & Cryotherapy Practices
- Review of Heat Exhaustion & Heat Stroke in Athletes
- Sporting Event Intake Process
- Setting up a Sporting Event Massage Table for Quick Turnover & Sanitation Techniques
Students will also learn a Quick Ischemic Compression Sports Massage Routine with Instructor Demonstration and Student Follow Along Practice
6 Hours of Myofascial Release Training includes instructor demonstration plus student practice along time, anatomy theoretical purpose of myofascial release. Myofascial strokes taught include:
- Myofascial Skin Rolling
- Alphabet Stroking (myofascial technique)
- Clock technique (to find myofascial restrictions)
- Overall Myofascial Stretching and Separating
You will also:
- Learn the different types of fascia and it's compositional make-up
- Learn how pressure separates fascia and provides greater ROM
- Review scientific studies of myofascial release bodywork efficacy
- Review multiple anatomical pictures and video of human fascia
Hands-on Skills will be taught for:
- Anterior Rotated Shoulder/Deltoid
- Taught IT Band
- Upper Leg Pain
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Upper Arm Pain
- Tennis Elbow
- Anteriorly Rotated Shoulder/Pecs
The overall goals of this class are to learn myofascial strokes that can help loosen tissues for a more effective, therapeutic, bodywork result, to enhance athletic performance.
12 CE Hour Sports Massage & Myofascial Release FL CE Broker Course #20-933280
Please click HERE for all Sports Massage classes at CE Institute LLC.
This live class will be held at: CE Institute LLC, 111 NE 1st Street, Miami FL 33132.
Please click HERE to view a monthly calendar of ALL live classes available at CE Institute LLC.
This sports massage class was written by CE Institute LLC Founder, Selena Belisle. Selena Belisle teaches the majority of Sports Massage Classes at CE Institute LLC. She specifically teaches all sports classes that do not list our other master instructors such as Ben Benjamin or Wendy Langen.
Selena has been practicing massage therapy for 30 years. She started with sports massage when she was competing on Team USA in the Athens Greece Olympic Stadium for her 1st World Championship title. She went on to win 3 WAF World Titles in Arm Wresting and other various minor sport titles. After the height of her professional athletic career, Selena sought formal “full body” massage therapy training in 1995 in a 1,000+ hour program at the Massage Institute of New England in Cambridge, Massachusetts – the same city where other schools such as MIT and Harvard University are located.
Selena’s sports massage background is a mix of real-life work situations and formal training from other massage and structural integration masters. Selena has performed sports massage on the Team USA Arm Wresting Organization from 1989 to 1992. She spent 10 years working on various players from the New England Patriots during the time that they succeeded to legendary status. She led the pre-ride “warm-up” for over 1,000 riders in Boston’s World Trade Center, then performed 3-days of sports massage at the 1st ever Boston to New York AIDS ride in 1995, amongst dozens of other sports “tent” massage events. She has worked on players from every single team in the NFL, as well as athletes from the MLB, NBA and NHL. Selena also worked for (and was sponsored by) Reebok from 1990 to 1992.
Selena has also taken extensive bodywork classes to strengthen her table skills for athletes. This included classes in Neuromuscular Therapy, Structural Integration, Postural Integration, Myofascial Release, Trigger Point Therapy, Rolfing, Pain Management, Chinese Medicine, Stretching, Hyro, Cyro & Thermal Therapies, and of course, Sports Massage.
CE Institute LLC prides itself in providing the very best of instructors and educational experiences for our students. Sign-up today and prepare yourself for an incredible 5-star learning experience.