12 CE Hour Sports Massage & Trigger Point Therapy
This 12 CE Hour Sports Massage & Trigger Point Therapy class is offered as a 1-day or 2-day Class on the following dates:
- Please select "10:00 am Jul 6, 2019" above for the following 2-Day class schedule: Saturday, July 6, 2019, 10 am to 4:30 pm & Sunday, July 7, 2019, 3:30 - 9:30 pm (there is no meal break during the Sunday class)
- Please select "1:00 pm Aug 20, 2019" above for the following 2-Day class schedule: Tuesday & Wednesday, Aug 20 & 21, 2019, 1 pm - 7:30 pm
- Please select "10:00 am Nov 10, 2019" above for the following 2-Day class schedule: Sunday, Nov 10, 2019, 3:30 pm - 9:30 pm & Monday, Nov 11, 2019, 1 pm - 7:30 pm
- Please select "10:00 am Feb 22, 2020" above for the following 2-Day class schedule: Saturday, Feb 22, 2020, 10 am - 4:30 pm & Sunday, Feb 23, 2020, 3:30 pm - 9:30 pm (there is no meal break during the Sunday class)
A 30-minute meal break provided in the middle of most classes as well as a 10 minute break each class hour.
All 12+ CE Hour Live Classes will receive a FREE 12 CE Hour Online Class which includes the mandatory FL License renewal courses: 2 CE Ethics, 2 CE Errors Prevention & 2 CE FL Laws + a 6 CE Elective in Geriatrics. Please check your email for your online course login info after registration. You will have 1-week to earn your FREE Online CE Hours. Students who do not attend a 12+ CE Live Course with us can pay $19.95 for this Online Course.
This dynamic, exciting new and fresh 12 CE Hour Sports Massage & Trigger Point Therapy course combines 2 of bodywork's most popular modalities: Sports Massage & Trigger Point Therapy.
6 Hours of Class Specifically Reviews Working with Trigger Points, Including:
- what is a trigger point
- how to find trigger points
- common places where trigger points are found
- how to apply pressure to relieve trigger points (and pain)
- instructor demonstrations
- hands-on practice time
- stories and reviews of trigger point theory
- including a history review of the 1st female physician to a U.S. President and a "founder" of Trigger Point Therapy: Dr. Janet Travell
6 Hours of Class Specifically Reviews Working with Athletes with Basic Sports Massage. Sports Massage Training in this Class Includes Basic Theory & Science of:
- Muscle Movement
- Muscle Contraction,
- Stretch Reflex
- Muscle Types
- Joint Mobility
- Muscular Circulation & Changes with Aging
- Hands-on Practice of Reciprocal Inhibition for Muscle Cramping
- Cryotherapy Practices
- Sporting Even Intake Process
- Setting up a Sporting Event Massage Table for Quick Turnover & Sanitation Techniques
- Active Isolated Stretching
Students will also receive
- A Quick Ischemic Compression Sports Massage Routine with Instructor Demonstration
- Student Hands-on Practice & Receipt of a faux Sports Massage Event (in the classroom)
It is clinically proven that pain (i.e. pain caused from muscular trigger points) can negatively impact athletic strength, flexibility and overall performance. Enjoy this 12 CE Hour Class taught by 3x WAF World Arm Wrestling Champion Selena Belisle, as she shares her world class techniques and stories on how to achieve superior athletic function with bodywork.
12 CE Hour Sports Massage & Trigger Point Therapy FL CE Broker Course #20-636969
Please click HERE for all Trigger Point Therapy classes at CE Institute LLC.
This live class will be held at: CE Institute LLC, 111 NE 1st Street, Miami FL 33132.
Please click HERE to view a monthly calendar of ALL live classes available at CE Institute LLC.
This Trigger Point Therapy class was written by CE Institute LLC Founder, Selena Belisle. Selena teaches the majority of Sports & Trigger Point classes at CE Institute LLC (specifically when they do not list another one of our master instructors such as Ben Benjamin or Wendy Langen).
Selena has been practicing massage therapy for 30 years. She started with sports massage in 1989 when she was competing on Team USA in the Athens Greece Olympic Stadium for her 1st World Championship title. She went on to win 3 WAF World Titles in Arm Wresting and other various minor sport titles. After the height of her professional athletic career, Selena sought formal “full body” massage therapy training in 1995 in a 1,000+ hour program at the Massage Institute of New England in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Performing myofascial release and trigger point therapy was a core part of the Massage Institute’s curriculum. Selena went on to receive multiple live class NMT Certifications from 1997 to 1999 in Paul St. John Neuromuscular Therapy. One of the most basics foundations of our NMT work from the 1990s was to relieve trigger points for optimal function and well-being. She has also completed live class certifications in Myofascial Release with John Barnes (1990s), Robert King (2001) and George Kousaleos of the CORE Institute (2000), plus a series of online introductory courses in Anatomy Trains with Tom Myers (2016), another series of online theoretical myofascial technique courses with Til Lachua (from 2015 to 2018) and several other clinical, pain relief, trigger point and myofascial online classes with Theresa Schmidt, DPT, MS, OCS, LMT, CEAS, CHY, DD (from 2016 to 2017), amongst many other live and online classes in various modalities. You can view a more complete list of Selena’s accolades including her publications, training and experience by clicking HERE.
Selena feels that it is often helpful to study Trigger Point Therapy & Sports Massage modalities together – even though they are VERY DIFFERENT modalities and applications. Selena has extensive experience in successfully applying these modalities when she worked on various athletes from the New England Patriots during the time that they succeeded to legendary superstar status. Selena also created one of New England’s largest alternative health care clinics in the 1990s, where thousands of customers sought natural pain relief remedies with these modalities for an entire decade, prior to her successful sale of the business to another chiropractor in 2005. She also spent another 5-years training and managing a 2nd staff as a Newbury Street Spa Owner in Boston, MA from 2005 to 2010. Selena’s industry work history, training and teaching experience would be difficult to surpass.
CE Institute LLC prides itself in providing the very best of instructors and educational experiences for our students. Sign-up today and prepare yourself for an incredible 5-star learning experience.