24 CE FL LMT Renewal Home Study Package: Swedish Oncology & Bodywork for Cancer
This course is specially approved by Florida Board of Massage for its "regular" hands-on, relevant to massage technique CE credit, plus all of the mandatory subjects and CE hours required to renew an active Florida massage therapist license. It is also approved with NCBTMB for online home study CE credit.
If you are taking this training for CE credit, please check with your own board to ensure you will receive the credit you need PRIOR TO registering or paying for this class.
This 24 CE Hour 2023 Florida Licensed Massage Therapist Renewal Package MUST be completed within 31 days of purchase - no extensions nor exceptions can be made. Your package includes:
- 12 CE Hour Swedish Oncology & Bodywork for Cancer (this class is approved as your hands-on "relevant to massage techniques" training which is usually required to be in-person, hence the special board approvals)
- 5 CE Hours Germs, COVID-19, & Proper Sanitation for a LMT
- 1 CE Hour Human Trafficking
- 2 CE Hours Ethics
- 2 CE Hours Medical Errors Prevention
- 2 CE Hours FL Massage Laws & Rules
Students MUST purchase/register on this website page to receive the $99 FL License Renewal Package. Please do not purchase classes from different website pages and then try to switch to this package. Requests to separate or switch classes in this massively discounted package cannot be provided.
Our ability to provide extensive administrative support for these massively discounted packages is limited, and further compounded by labor shortages and the pandemic. Please make every effort to complete your training early and on-time, before it expires within 31-days of purchase. Please do not wait until the last few days or hours of your training to seek support if you experience any issues or need assistance with your training.
Please email us at info@CeInstitute.com if you have questions or require assistance. We cannot provide immediate simultaneous home study assistance while our small school is teaching live webinars, so please allow 24-48 business hours for a response to email. Please do not send multiple emails for the same question because this delays a timely response for all.
You will receive an email link to start your online home study courses within a couple minutes of your purchase/registration. Please check your spam if you do not see this email in your inbox within 5 minutes of your order. Please be sure to check the email address that was used to place your order at registration.
Please watch the tutorial at the beginning of your home study training. It will instruct how to download your student files and companion training materials for your home study courses, plus how to download and print your CE certificate. CE hours are usually reported to CE Broker within 1-week of your total package completion, and no more than 1-month after you have completed your entire 24 CE training package. Thank you.
Your 12 CE Hour Hands-on, Relevant to Massage Techniques training provides extensive information about how to work with cancer and cancer treatments, as well as multiple massage and bodywork hands-on demonstrations to provide for cancer patients and survivors. Class includes:
- Learn the History & Timeline of Cancer
- Oncology Vocabulary and Language Lesson
- Goals for Cancer Patients & Survivors
- Client Intake Questions and Process to work with Oncology
- Instructor Demo (and student practice along if you wish) of Side-lying Swedish Oncology Massage
- Lecture: Working with Cancer
- Learn Oncology Contraindications for Swedish Oncology Massage
- Review "Physician Dialogue" - Questions to ask your Client's Doctor about their Cancer and/or Cancer Treatments
- Learn About Metastasis
- Review Cancer Types
- Review Cancer Classifications
- Talk About What’s it like with Cancer
- Skin Cancer Review
- Symptoms of Cancer
- Learn an Alternative Form of Bodywork Called a "Sweet Session" - for Cancer Patients & Survivors who are Contraindicated for Regular Massage
- Review an Oncology Client's Immunity, Impact & Sanitation
- Review Carcinogens and Virus
- Learn the Different Cancer Treatments you may work with as a Massage Therapist, including:
- Oncology Surgery
- Targeted Treatments
- Stem Cell Transplants
- Watching Waiting
- Active Surveillance
- Complementary Therapies and MORE!
- 10 Minute Zone Reflexology Session - Instructor Demo with Protocol and Student Practice Along
- Specialized Oncology Massage for the Pectoral Girdle
- Side-lying Swedish Oncology Massage
- Semi-Recumbent Swedish Oncology Massage
- Students can practice on a healthy live model during this home study training if they'd like ot practice along with the instruction demonstration videos. We recommend learning and practicing on a healthy model prior to applying the same on cancer patients and survivors.
Please click HERE for all Oncology classes at CE Institute LLC.
Please click HERE to view a monthly calendar of ALL live classes available at CE Institute LLC.
Massage Magazine has published CE Institute LLC Instructor Selena Belisle in Oncology Bodywork breakthroughs:
About your Instructors
This oncology class was written and is taught by CE Institute LLC Founder, Selena Belisle. When Selena sought formal “full body” massage therapy training in 1995 in a 1,000+ hour program at the Massage Institute of New England, she was taught that it was contraindicated to massage anyone with cancer. Back in the 1990s (and earlier), it was thought that massaging anyone with cancer could “spread their cancer”. We know today that was totally false. Today, and in this class, we teach something entirely different. Today, we have new information about how to appropriately work with clients who are suffering with cancer, those who are undergoing intensive cancer treatments, and those who are in remission but have detrimental after-effects.
Selena started in the industry with sports massage in 1989. Over the past 3 decades, she has worked with thousands of cancer patients and survivors. This included her own personal practice with oncology clients, plus a decade of managing over 40 other massage therapists, 4 acupuncturists and 4 chiropractors in an alternative health care practice which she founded in Braintree & Quincy, Massachusetts, until she sold in 2005. She then spent another 5-years training and managing a 2nd staff as a Newbury Street Spa Owner in Boston, MA from 2005-2010. The spa provided esthetic skin care services (facials, body scrubs, wraps, etc.) which created a greater awareness of working with skin cancers.
A few years ago, Selena was diagnosed with Melanoma, the most severe form of skin cancer. Her father is also a melanoma skin cancer survivor. Selena works closely with Impact Melanoma, to help professionals recognize and alert clients to any concerning skin/mole changes. Selena has also volunteered in the chemotherapy infusion unit at the Miami Cancer Institute in 2017/2018. She has taken numerous seminars in live and online education about working with cancer over the past 3 decades. And she has spent countless hours studying the ever-changing evolution of oncology research and practice. You can view a more complete list of Selena’s accolades including her publications, training and experience by clicking HERE.
Selena also won a 2017 Award from Dana Farber & the Jimmy Fund for: “in recognition of extraordinary support of research and patient care at Dana Farber Cancer Institute, leading to breakthroughs against cancer”. With Selena’s massive, award winning experience in oncology care, she created this comprehensive oncology bodywork class which is 100% resourced with scientific research and data. Selena’s history, studies, practice and instruction of working with people with cancer and cancer survivors, makes her one of the foremost leading industry instructors of oncology bodywork education today.
Wendy Langen PA-C, MCMSc, LMT, also teaches these classes. Wendy is a graduate of the Sarasota School of Massage Therapy and has been a Licensed Massage Therapist since 1992. Wendy returned to the Sarasota school as a licensed graduate to teach Anatomy and Physiology in the 90’s.
Wendy went on to obtain a Master’s Degree in Clinical Medical Science from Barry University in 2000. Today, she is a licensed and nationally-certified physician assistant. Wendy currently holds a primary faculty position at the Barry University Physician Assistant Program, in addition to teaching CE Classes part-time at CE Institute LLC.
Wendy has an extensive medical, teaching and research background that surpasses most massage therapy instructors. She has worked in diagnostic medicine and has been repeatedly published in the medical community. You can view more about Wendy’s accolades by clicking HERE.