12 CE Trigger Point Therapy & Chair Massage (Computer-Based Live Interactive Webinar)
This live course is approved by NCBTMB, FL, SC, GA & TN boards of massage and all states that accept NCBTMB hours. Florida Board of Massage will accept this course as a live "relevant to massage techniques" hands-on training for the 2022/2023 relicensing period due Aug 31, 2023.
If you are taking this training for CE credit, please check with your own board to ensure you will receive the credit you need PRIOR TO registering or paying for this class. There is a $25 cancellation fee to cancel for any reason, plus 7-days notice is required prior to the start of training to change or cancel.
In this live interactive webinar, you will have some opportunity to have instructor interaction with questions/answers and hear other students' questions regarding the presented material. Our webinars are largely interactive with polls, break-out sessions with the other students and more. Please read the email instructions provided prior to the start of your training to get the very most out of it! Please login to your live webinar 30 minutes prior to the start of class. Any student who is not logged in at the start of class, or anyone does not attend the entire online class will not receive a certificate or CE credit. We cannot provide a certificate or partial CE credit for partial attendance for any webinar. Thank you.
The next Trigger Point Therapy & Chair Massage class is scheduled in EASTERN TIME at:
- Please select "1 pm September 17, 2022" above for the following 2-day schedule: Saturday & Monday, September 17 & 19, 2022 from 1:00 pm to 7:30 pm EASTERN TIME. THERE WILL BE NO CLASS ON SUNDAY.
- Please select "10 am February 26, 2023" above for the following 2-day schedule: Sunday February 26, 2023 & Saturday, April 1, 2023 from 10:00 am to 4:30 pm EASTERN TIME. THERE IS A SEVERAL WEEK GAP BETWEEN THESE TWO CLASS DATES!
- Please select "10 am April 1, 2023" above for the following 2-day schedule: Saturday & Wednesday, April 1 & 5, 2023 from 10:00 am to 4:30 pm EASTERN TIME. THERE WILL BE NO CLASS ON SUNDAY, MONDAY, OR TUESDAY.
- Please select "10 am April 5, 2023" above for the following 2-day schedule: Wednesday, April 5, 2023 from 10:00 am to 4:30 pm & Monday, May 15, 2023 from 1:00 pm to 7:30 pm EASTERN TIME. THERE IS A SEVERAL WEEK GAP BETWEEN THESE TWO WEEKDAY CLASS DATES, AND THE 2 CLASS DATES START AT DIFFERENT TIMES!
- Please select "1 pm August 27, 2023" above for the following 2-day schedule: Sunday & Wednesday, August 27 & 30, 2023 from 1:00 pm to 7:30 pm EASTERN TIME. THERE WILL BE NO CLASS ON MONDAY OR TUESDAY.
A 30-minute meal break provided in the middle of class as well as a 10 minute break each class hour.
In this dual subject class, students will learn both trigger point therapy in a relaxing chair and on the massage table, plus onsite chair massage that can be practiced at corporate events and more. The class is evenly split in time spent with trigger point therapy and portable chair massage applications. Please note that trigger point therapy live model applications and student along practice time will be on a massage table. Only 6 hours of this 12 hour class will be dedicated towards chair massage training.
During trigger point therapy training, students will review:
- what is a trigger point
- how to find trigger points
- common places where trigger points are found
- extensive review of human anatomy and musculature
- how to apply pressure to relieve trigger points (and pain)
- instructor demonstrations of individual trigger point application, entry point, amount of pressure to be used and length of time to hold trigger points
- hands-on practice time of trigger point application
- stories and reviews of trigger point theory
- communication skills and practices with clients when applying trigger point therapy
- includes a history review of the 1st female physician to a U.S. President and a "founder" of Trigger Point Therapy: Dr. Janet Travell
This class has multiple hand-outs that include anatomical and manual therapy pictures to show how and where to apply pressure in the body where common trigger points are found, and HOW pressure is commonly applied to relieve them. By the end of class, you should be able to identify common trigger point sites and know how to apply pressure to the area to relieve the trigger point!
Extensive work preparation, guidelines and sanitary practices are provided to help students setup a successful operation for the many different practical scenarios that could be requested for a “Massage Event”. Several chair massage protocols will be provided in addition to hands-on demonstrations of multiple massage and bodywork techniques that can be provided in two different types of chairs. Students will primarily train with hands-on techniques in a regular portable "sit-up" massage chair, and we will also demonstrate an advanced foot massage that can be practiced in a portable relaxing chair as well.
Instructor Selena Belisle will also share her personal on-site massage work history which includes landing the cover of the Boston Business Journal for Corporate Chair Massage, coordinating and performing a 24-hour Chair Massage Event at a Hospital which was made available to 10,000 hospital employees, Onsite Sports Massage as it was performed in the Athens Greece Olympic Stadium, plus the execution of crisis and secondary responder event massage from her experience at Logan Airport for United Airlines Employees, Logan Airport Staff and Law Enforcement on 9/12, 9/13 & 9/14 after 9/11. Scientific research about the efficacy of onsite massage will also be provided.
In the 6 hour portion of Chair Massage training, we will review some business basics about how to execute a chair massage on-site event on your own plus the common supplies required for a proper, proficient and business-building chair massage operation. Class includes:
- instructor demonstrations plus student practice along of chair massage techniques
- chair massage contraindications
- scientific research that shows the benefits of a quick chair massage routine
- how to market and setup a chair massage event
- what to review and consider for corporate event chair massage execution
- a list of supplies required to execute chair massage events
- setup and sanitation practices for chair events
- we will practice in 2 different portable chairs:
- primary practice and the most amount of time will be spent on back, neck, shoulder, arm, hand and hip massage
- approximately 30 minutes or less of the class will be spent showing and practicing a very short advanced foot massage in a portable relaxing chair for onsite or corporate use
12 CE Trigger Point Therapy & Chair Massage CE Broker Course #20-933282
Please click HERE for all Chair & Event classes at CE Institute LLC.
This live class will be held at: CE Institute LLC, 111 NE 1st Street, Miami FL 33132.
Please click HERE to view a monthly calendar of ALL live classes available at CE Institute LLC.