12 CE Hour Sports Massage & Myofascial Release
This live, hands-on, in-person class has special operations given it has been scheduled during the COVID-19 pandemic. This will be our one of our first in-person classes in 2 1/2 years because we take COVID extremely seriously:
- This class will be limited to around 10 students. Please do not register unless you are serious about attending. We require a minimum of 6 students to hold class, so there's a limited number of class cancellations and changes that can be processed while keeping the class/school operational.
- We require 7-days notice to change or cancel registration prior to the start of class, which will be processed with a $25 admin fee. Students may make a one-time change to another class with 7-days notice prior to the start of training at no charge. Changes or cancellations within 7-days of the class start date cannot be honored, unless the student provides a verifiable COVID positive test that was diagnosed within 10-days prior to the start of class. The verifiable test must be provided prior to the class start date.
- This is a live, in-person hands-on bodywork training class. Students will be kept separated during lecture and theory, and will be allowed close contact during hands-on practice, as long as they follow the school's policies. Students do not have to participate in hands-on training to earn CE credit. Their only requirement is to attend, watch, listen and be physically present during instruction.
- Students are required to wear masks at ALL times over their mouth and nose while on campus (minus the small break room where drinks or snacks can be consumed). No exceptions will be made for this policy for ANY reason. Any student who does not follow our mask wearing policies will be immediately discharged from campus without a refund. Neck goiters and respirators that allow for respiratory discharge are not acceptable masks. The school will provide acceptable masks if the instructor feels the need to do so. Our school is usually kept unreasonably cold so wearing masks in our classroom is often more durable than most.
- Temperature of students will be taken prior to the start of class, and may be checked again at any time. Any student exhibiting an elevated temperature or fever must leave the school.
- Students must arrive at least 20-minutes prior to the start of class (and no greater than 1-hour prior to the start) for screening and attendance registration. Any student who does not arrive at least 20-minutes prior to the start of class may be denied admission without a refund. The school is attempting to limit the number of people on campus at one time. It is the instructor who takes the temperature and screens students, and they cannot do this after they have started their class. Class will not be delayed for tardy students.
- Any student who exhibits outward signs of illness with either coughing or sneezing, or any other COVID-19 sign or symptom will be required to leave campus. Please do not register with us if you suffer from allergies or any other medical condition that causes sneezing or coughing, especially while wearing a mask. Because coughing and sneezing are signs of COVID-19, we will not distress and distract other attendees (including the instructor) with anyone coughing or sneezing in class. Please do not show up for class with outward signs of illness because you will be told to leave.
- Hygiene and sanitation measures will be heightened. The school provides hand sanitizer, sinks with soap and water, HEPA filters as well as disinfection products. Any attendee who does not follow our hygiene and sanitation instructions will be required to leave campus without a certificate or refund.
- The instructor will not wear a mask during lecture, so that hearing impaired and deaf students, plus students who are seated 20+ feet away can clearly lip read and hear the instructor. Students are not permitted to be within 6 feet, or approach the instructor during lecture.
- To mitigate attendance, we recommend live in-person training for students who can easily drive to our downtown Miami school, given the chance for cancellation is increased during the pandemic. We are not responsible for any costs incurred by a student with a cancelled class. This class can be cancelled for any reason the school requires, especially if the COVID-19 infection rates significantly increase, prior to the start. Please keep in mind it is in the school's interest to hold class to remain operational, so we will do our best to provide class under reasonable circumstances.
- Students will be required to agree to these policies in writing via email prior to the start of class for physical admission to the school. Any student who does not agree to these policies in writing at least 7 days prior to the start of class will have their attendance/registration cancelled/refunded, minus our $25 admin process fee. There are no refunds available for disagreeable students within 7-days of the class start, or after the class has started.
- Any student who attempts to defy our policies is subject to have their conduct (unethical or otherwise) reported to their licensing board for potential disciplinary action - at the discretion of the board. They will also be discharged and denied further interaction with CE Institute LLC.
- Changes to our COVID-19 cancellation policies can be made for any reason at any time, at sole discretion of the instructor or school. Please note that we cannot allow anyone to possibly infect others by claiming medical needs or anything else to attempt to exempt themself from our instructions and requirements, especially given the close proximity with hands-on contact allowed during this training, plus the fact that other instructors and schools may be able to accommodate students when we cannot, and we also have similar training and/or CE credit available in live and online instructional delivery methods, beyond our physical classroom. Thank you.
This 12 CE Hour Class combines sports massage and myofascial training together. 6 CE hours of training will be spent on each subject.
6 Hours dedicated to Sports Massage training, specifically reviews working with athletes and teaches basic sports massage event routines/work. Sports Massage Training in this class includes basic theory & science of:
- Muscle Movement
- Muscle Contraction
- Stretch Reflex (or lack of in extreme athletes)
- Hands-on Practice of Reciprocal Inhibition for Muscle Cramping
- Thermal Therapy & Cryotherapy Practices
- Sporting Event Intake Process
- Setting up a Sporting Event Massage Table for Quick Turnover & Sanitation Techniques
- Active Isolated Stretching
Students will also receive:
- A Quick Ischemic Compression Sports Massage Routine with Instructor Demonstration
- Student Hands-on Practice & Receipt of a faux Sports Massage Event (in the classroom)
6 Hours of Myofascial Release Training includes instructor demonstration plus student practice along time, anatomy theoretical purpose of myofascial release. Myofascial strokes taught include:
- Myofascial Skin Rolling
- Alphabet Stroking (myofascial technique)
- Clock technique (to find myofascial restrictions)
- Overall Myofascial Stretching and Separating
You will also:
- Learn the different types of fascia and it's compositional make-up
- Learn how pressure separates fascia and provides greater ROM
- Review scientific studies of myofascial release bodywork efficacy
- Review multiple anatomical pictures and video of human fascia
Hands-on Skills will be taught for:
- Anterior Rotated Shoulder/Deltoid
- Taught IT Band
- Upper Leg Pain
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Upper Arm Pain
- Tennis Elbow
- Anteriorly Rotated Shoulder/Pecs
The overall goals of this class are to learn myofascial strokes that can help loosen tissues for a more effective, therapeutic, bodywork result.
12 CE Hour Sports Massage & Myofascial Release FL CE Broker Course #20-899445
Please click HERE for all Sports Massage classes at CE Institute LLC.
This live class will be held at: CE Institute LLC, 111 NE 1st Street, Miami FL 33132.
Please click HERE to view a monthly calendar of ALL live classes available at CE Institute LLC.
This sports massage class was written by CE Institute LLC Founder, Selena Belisle. Selena Belisle teaches the majority of Sports Massage Classes at CE Institute LLC. She specifically teaches all sports classes that do not list our other master instructors such as Ben Benjamin or Wendy Langen.
Selena has been practicing massage therapy for 30 years. She started with sports massage when she was competing on Team USA in the Athens Greece Olympic Stadium for her 1st World Championship title. She went on to win 3 WAF World Titles in Arm Wresting and other various minor sport titles. After the height of her professional athletic career, Selena sought formal “full body” massage therapy training in 1995 in a 1,000+ hour program at the Massage Institute of New England in Cambridge, Massachusetts – the same city where other schools such as MIT and Harvard University are located.
Selena’s sports massage background is a mix of real-life work situations and formal training from other massage and structural integration masters. Selena has performed sports massage on the Team USA Arm Wresting Organization from 1989 to 1992. She spent 10 years working on various players from the New England Patriots during the time that they succeeded to legendary status. She led the pre-ride “warm-up” for over 1,000 riders in Boston’s World Trade Center, then performed 3-days of sports massage at the 1st ever Boston to New York AIDS ride in 1995, amongst dozens of other sports “tent” massage events. She has worked on players from every single team in the NFL, as well as athletes from the MLB, NBA and NHL. Selena also worked for (and was sponsored by) Reebok from 1990 to 1992.
Selena has also taken extensive bodywork classes to strengthen her table skills for athletes. This included classes in Neuromuscular Therapy, Structural Integration, Postural Integration, Myofascial Release, Trigger Point Therapy, Rolfing, Pain Management, Chinese Medicine, Stretching, Hyro, Cyro & Thermal Therapies, and of course, Sports Massage.
CE Institute LLC prides itself in providing the very best of instructors and educational experiences for our students. Sign-up today and prepare yourself for an incredible 5-star learning experience.