12 CE Hour Sports Massage & Trigger Point Therapy Live Interactive Webinar
This highly interactive webinar WILL count as a 12 CE Hour live hands-on class with both NCBTMB & The Florida Board of Massage!
This is an identical class to our live presentation however because of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are now offering it at a reduced price via a live webinar. You will have some opportunity to have instructor interaction with questions/answers and hear other students' questions regarding the presented material. Our webinars are largely interactive with polls, break-out sessions with the other students and more. We will email a link to access your live webinar shortly before the start of this online webinar. Please login to your live webinar 30 minutes prior to the start of class. Any student who is not logged in at the start of class, or anyone does not attend the entire online class will not receive a certificate or CE credit. We cannot provide a certificate or partial CE credit for partial attendance for any webinar. Thank you.
This 12 CE Hour Sports Massage & Trigger Point Therapy Live Interactive Webinar class is offered on the following dates:
- Please select "8:30 am April 10, 2021" above for the following 2-day class schedule: Saturday & Monday, April 10 & 12, 2021 from 8:30 am to 3:00 (There are no Sunday, hours/class for this 12 CE hour course.)
- Please select "8:30 am April 12, 2021" above for the following 2-day class schedule: Monday & Wednesday, April 12 & 14, 2021 from 8:30 am to 3:00 (There are no Tuesday hours/class for this 12 CE hour course.)
- Please select "8:30 am June 28, 2021" above for the following 2-day class schedule: Monday & Wednesday, June 28 & 30, 2021 from 8:30 am to 3 pm
- Please select "8:30 am August 28, 2021" above for the following 2-day class schedule: Saturday & Monday, August 28 & 30, 2021 from 8:30 am to 3 pm
A 30-minute meal break provided in the middle of most classes as well as a 10 minute break each class hour.
This dynamic, exciting and fresh 12 CE Hour Sports Massage & Trigger Point Therapy course combines 2 of bodywork's most popular modalities: Sports Massage & Trigger Point Therapy.
6 Hours of Class Specifically Reviews Working with Trigger Points, Including:
- What is a trigger point
- How to find trigger points
- Common places where trigger points are found
- How to apply pressure to relieve trigger points (and pain)
- Instructor demonstrations
- Hands-on practice time on yourself, a paper body available for download/printing with this class or a live model if you can find someone to work on during the webinar
- Stories and reviews of trigger point theory, including a history review of the 1st female physician to a U.S. President and a "founder" of Trigger Point Therapy: Dr. Janet Travell.
6 CE Hours of this class will be spent on Basic Sports Event Massage. This Portion of Class Was Designed to Teach Therapists How to Perform a Quick Sports Massage for all Types of Sporting Events and Athletes. Basic Sports Massage Class Science, Theory & Practice Includes:
- Muscle Movement,
- Stretch Reflex,
- Muscle Types,
- Circulation & Changes,
- Reciprocal Inhibition,
- Client Evaluation,
- Aging in Athletes,
- Body Mechanics,
- Thermal Therapy,
- Intake Process,
- Setting up a Table for Quick Turnover
- Sanitation Techniques
- A Quick Sports Massage Routine with Instructor Demonstration
Students will also receive
- A Quick Ischemic Compression Sports Massage Routine with Instructor Demonstration
- Student Hands-on Practice & Receipt of a faux Sports Massage Event (in the classroom)
It is clinically proven that pain (i.e. pain caused from muscular trigger points) can negatively impact athletic strength, flexibility and overall performance. Enjoy this 12 CE Hour Class taught by 3x WAF World Arm Wrestling Champion Selena Belisle, as she shares her world class techniques and stories on how to achieve superior athletic function with bodywork.
Please click HERE for all Trigger Point Therapy classes at CE Institute LLC.
Please click HERE for all Sports Massage classes at CE Institute LLC.
Please click HERE to view a monthly calendar of ALL live classes available at CE Institute LLC.
12 CE Hour Sports Massage & Trigger Point Therapy FL CE Broker Course #20-797002
Selena has been practicing massage therapy for 30 years. She started with sports massage in 1989 when she was competing on Team USA in the Athens Greece Olympic Stadium for her 1st World Championship title. She went on to win 3 WAF World Titles in Arm Wresting and other various minor sport titles. After the height of her professional athletic career, Selena sought formal “full body” massage therapy training in 1995 in a 1,000+ hour program at the Massage Institute of New England in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Performing myofascial release and trigger point therapy was a core part of the Massage Institute’s curriculum. Selena went on to receive multiple live class NMT Certifications from 1997 to 1999 in Paul St. John Neuromuscular Therapy. One of the most basics foundations of our NMT work from the 1990s was to relieve trigger points for optimal function and well-being. You can view a more complete list of Selena’s accolades including her publications, training and experience by clicking HERE.
Selena feels that it is often helpful to study Trigger Point Therapy & Sports Massage modalities together – even though they are VERY DIFFERENT modalities and applications. Selena has extensive experience in successfully applying these modalities when she worked on various athletes from the New England Patriots during the time that they succeeded to legendary superstar status. Selena also created one of New England’s largest alternative health care clinics in the 1990s, where thousands of customers sought natural pain relief remedies with these modalities for an entire decade, prior to her successful sale of the business to another chiropractor in 2005. She also spent another 5-years training and managing a 2nd staff as a Newbury Street Spa Owner in Boston, MA from 2005 to 2010. Selena’s industry work history, training and teaching experience would be difficult to surpass.
Wendy Langen PA-C, MCMSc, LMT also teaches a large majority of our Trigger Point Therapy CE classes. Wendy is a graduate of the Sarasota School of Massage Therapy and has been a Licensed Massage Therapist since 1992. Wendy returned to the Sarasota school as a licensed graduate to teach Anatomy and Physiology in the 90’s.
Wendy went on to obtain a Master’s Degree in Clinical Medical Science from Barry University in 2000. Today, she is a licensed and nationally-certified physician assistant. Wendy currently holds a primary faculty position at the Barry University Physician Assistant Program, in addition to teaching CE Classes part-time at CE Institute LLC.
Wendy has an extensive medical, teaching and research background that surpasses most massage therapy instructors. She has worked in diagnostic medicine and has been repeatedly published in the medical community. You can view more about Wendy’s accolades by clicking HERE.
CE Institute LLC prides itself in providing the very best of instructors and educational experiences for our students. Sign-up today and prepare yourself for an incredible 5-star learning experience.