12 CE Hour Advanced Geriatrics and Seniors Massage and Bodywork
12 CE Hour Advanced Geriatrics and Seniors Massage and Bodywork Class Includes the follow Aging Theory & Science Presentation:
- Geriatric Changes in Muscle
- Organ, Gland & Tissue Changes
- Bone & Osteoporosis Conditions
- Arthritic Conditions (covers: Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Gout plus Heberden & Bouchard's Nodes)
- The Top 3 Deteriorations of the Human Spine (Spinal Stenosis, Spondylolisthesis & Disc Degeneration)
- Joint Deterioration & Replacement (covers cemented and uncemented prosthesis)
- Skin Conditions & Changes (includes: Age/Liver Spots, Seborrheic Keratosis & Shingles)
- Vision & Hearing Changes (includes: Glaucoma, Corneal Disease, Cataracts, Conjunctivitis, Dry Eyes, Floaters & Presbyopia)
- Falling & Balance Issues with Nervous & Cardiovascular Changes
- Cardiovascular Conditions & Considerations - Hormonal & Endocrine System Changes
- Dementia & Alzheimers
- Communications for Geriatrics
- Elder Abuse
- Bodywork Modifications that can be made for Treatment
- Extensive Research About Bodywork for Geriatrics
- Health Care Proxy Info
- The 3 stages of geriatrics and how to accomodate each stage
Students will also learn 2 different Sweet Sessions™ in this geriatric class. One Sweet Session™ is for client's who are terminal, and the 2nd Sweet Session™ is for clients who are simply living out their natural life. Sweet Sessions™ can be provided to the most "compromised" clients such as those who are contraindicated for "regular" massage or bodywork. A Sweet Session™ includes gentle massage, joint rotation, energy work plus muscle and bone tracing.
Students will also learn how to massage their Geriatric client on a massage table in supine and pronated positions, in a massage chair, in a wheelchair and more. Students will walk away from this class with multiple hands-on routines to work with a larger variety of geriatric clients.
Please click HERE for all Geriatric Classes at CE Institute LLC.
This live class will be held at: CE Institute LLC, 111 NE 1st Street, Miami FL 33132.
Please click HERE to view a monthly calendar of ALL live classes available at CE Institute LLC.
About Your Class Instructor:
Wendy Langen PA-C, MCMSc, LMT, is a graduate of the Sarasota School of Massage Therapy. She has been a Licensed Massage Therapist since 1992. Wendy returned to the Sarasota school as a licensed graduate to teach Anatomy and Physiology in the 90’s.
Wendy went on to obtain a Master’s Degree in Clinical Medical Science from Barry University in 2000. Today, she is a licensed and nationally-certified physician assistant. Wendy currently holds a primary faculty position at the Barry University Physician Assistant Program, in addition to teaching CE Classes part-time at CE Institute LLC.
Wendy has an extensive medical, teaching and research background that surpasses most massage therapy instructors. She has worked in diagnostic medicine and has been repeatedly published in the medical community. You can view more about Wendy’s accolades by clicking HERE.
Wendy teaches the entire geriatric class program at CE Institute LLC. She was also instrumental in auditing and updating our geriatrics course and program. Wendy’s instruction of CE Institute classes include anatomy, sports massage, advanced massage techniques, trigger point therapy and other medical bodywork specialties.
When Wendy is not available, this class will be taught by Instructor Selena Belisle. You can view a more complete list of Selena’s accolades including her publications, training and experience by clicking HERE.
CE Institute LLC prides itself in providing the very best of instructors and educational experiences for our students. Sign-up today and prepare yourself for an incredible 5-star learning experience.