12 CE Hour Trigger Point Therapy & Myofascial Release Live Interactive Webinar
This highly interactive webinar WILL count as a 12 CE Hour live hands-on class with both NCBTMB & the Florida Board of Massage!
This is an identical class to our live presentation however because of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are now offering it at a reduced price via a live webinar. You will have some opportunity to have instructor interaction with questions/answers and hear other students' questions regarding the presented material. There will be multiple instructor demonstrations of bodywork with plentiful student practice-along time. Our webinars are largely interactive with polls, break-out sessions with the other students and more. We will email a link to access your live webinar shortly before the start of this online webinar. Please login to your live webinar 30 minutes prior to the start of class. Any student who is not logged in at the start of class, or anyone does not attend the entire online class will not receive a certificate or CE credit. We cannot provide a certificate or partial CE credit for partial attendance for any webinar. Please click HERE to view our Webinar FAQs & Policies. Thank you.
This 12 CE Hour Trigger Point Therapy & Myofascial Release Live Interactive Webinar Class is offered on the following dates:
Please select "11:00 am June 26, 2021" above for the following 2-day class schedule: Saturday & Sunday, June 26 & 27, 2021 from 11:00 am - 5:30 pm.
- We can provide this class on Saturday/Thursday - please call the school at 786-505-7001 to schedule this special date!: Saturday June 26, 2021 from 11:00 am - 5:30 pm & Wednesday, June 30, 2021 from 8:30 am - 3 pm.
- Please select "11:00 am June 27, 2021" above for the following 2-day class schedule: Sunday, June 27, 2021 from 11:00 am - 5:30 pm & Thursday, July 1, 2021 from 8:30 am - 3 pm.
- Please select "8:30 am June 30, 2021" above for the following 2-day class schedule: Wednesday & Thursday, June 30 & July 1, 2021 from 8:30 am - 3 pm.
- Please select "9:00 am July 25, 2021" above for the following 2-day class schedule: Sunday & Monday, July 25 & 26, 2021 from 9:00 am - 3:30 pm.
- Please select "11:00 am August 28, 2021" above for the following 2-day class schedule: Saturday & Monday, August 28 & 30, 2021 from 11:00 am - 5:30 pm. (there are no class hours on Sunday)
There will be a 10 minute break each class hour and a 30 minute meal break in the middle of the day.
The following is included in the 12 CE Hour Trigger Point Therapy & Myofascial Release Course:
- Identify trigger points and myofascial restrictions
- Definition of what is a trigger point
- How to find trigger points
- Learn common places where trigger points are found
- How to apply pressure to relieve trigger points (and pain)
- Instructor demonstrations of individual trigger point application, entry point, amount of pressure to be used and length of time to hold trigger points
- Hands-on practice time of trigger point application
- Stories and reviews of trigger point theory
- Communication skills and practices with clients when applying trigger point therapy
- Includes a history review of the 1st female physician to a U.S. President and a "founder" of Trigger Point Therapy: Dr. Janet Travell
- Learn the different types of fascia and it's compositional make-up
- Learn how pressure separates fascia and provides greater ROM
- Myofascial Skin Rolling
- Alphabet Stroking (myofascial technique)
- Clock technique (to find myofascial restrictions)
- Overall Myofascial Stretching
- Trigger Point Pressure Application & Direction with the Therapist's:
Hands-on Skills will be taught for:
- Anterior Rotated Shoulder/Deltoid
- Taught IT Band
- Upper Leg Pain
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Upper Arm Pain
- Tennis Elbow
- Anteriorly Rotated Shoulder/Pecs
For your live webinar training, most of the trigger points that we will work on will be within reach of the student’s own hands on their own body; however, for an **enhanced training experience**, students may want to purchase a therapy cane if they do not already have one. Therapy canes cost on average between $20 to $35, and they are a valuable lifelong tool a therapist can use to care for themselves. You do not need a therapy cane to take this class; however, there are some trigger points you might not be able to reach on yourself during hands-on practice time without the cane. The boards also do not require that you practice hands-on skills during the webinar to receive CE credit or a certificate - you're only requirement is to watch, listen and attend the entire webinar.
Your trigger point webinar training will also include intra-oral work (briefly inside your own mouth). Students should have a way to sanitize their hands pre and post intra-oral work during the webinar. And because intra-oral work is not recommended on others during the COVID pandemic, and because the instructor will be focused on a student's technique moreso than a live model’s response to the work, it is best for students to solely work on themselves during this incredible online training experience in trigger point therapy (your myofascial training day will have live model practice time available).
We feel it is BEST to use your HANDS to practice trigger point therapy especially when working with clients. However, we also feel that using a therapy cane will be valuable tool to find, feel and learn more about trigger point therapy during your online webinar.
For myofascial release hands-on skills training, live model practice time is available. Students who do not have live models can practice on themselves or simply watch the instructor demonstrations. Live model practice time is only provided to registered students with other valuable class details after a student registers for their webinar. Each class has individual hands-on practice time that varies from class date to class date, and can change - which is why this information is only provided and continually updated for registered students ONLY.
Important note: the boards do not require students to practice hands-on skills to receive CE credit or a certificate. The board's only requirement is for students to watch and attend the entire webinar where there will be plentiful instructor demonstration of this hands-on bodywork
12 CE Hour Trigger Point Therapy & Myofascial Release FL CE Broker Course #20-793440
This Trigger Point Therapy & Myofascial Release class was written by CE Institute LLC Founder, Selena Belisle. Selena teaches the majority of Myofascial & Trigger Point classes at CE Institute LLC. When Selena is not teaching any portion of this training, it is taught by Wendy Langen PA-C, Jacqueline Tibbet PhD or Ben Benjamin PhD.
Selena has been practicing massage therapy for 30 years. She started with sports massage in 1989 when she was competing on Team USA in the Athens Greece Olympic Stadium for her 1st World Championship title. She went on to win 3 WAF World Titles in Arm Wresting and other various minor sport titles. After the height of her professional athletic career, Selena sought formal “full body” massage therapy training in 1995 in a 1,000+ hour program at the Massage Institute of New England in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Performing myofascial release and trigger point therapy was a core part of the Massage Institute’s curriculum. Selena went on to receive multiple live class NMT Certifications from 1997 to 1999 in Paul St. John Neuromuscular Therapy. One of the most basics foundations of our NMT work from the 1990s was to relieve trigger points for optimal function and well-being. She has also completed live class certifications in Myofascial Release with John Barnes (1990s), Robert King (2001) and George Kousaleos of the CORE Institute (2000), plus a series of online introductory courses in Anatomy Trains with Tom Myers (2016), another series of online theoretical myofascial technique courses with Til Lachua (from 2015 to 2018) and several other clinical, pain relief, trigger point and myofascial online classes with Theresa Schmidt, DPT, MS, OCS, LMT, CEAS, CHY, DD (from 2016 to 2017), amongst many other live and online classes in various modalities. You can view a more complete list of Selena’s accolades including her publications, training and experience by clicking HERE.
Selena feels that it is often helpful to study Trigger Point Therapy & Myofascial Release modalities together – even though they are VERY DIFFERENT modalities and applications. Selena has extensive experience in successfully applying these modalities when she worked on various athletes from the New England Patriots during the time that they succeeded to legendary superstar status. Selena also created one of New England’s largest alternative health care clinics in the 1990s, where thousands of customers sought natural pain relief remedies with these modalities for an entire decade, prior to her successful sale of the business to another chiropractor in 2005. She also spent another 5-years training and managing a 2nd staff as a Newbury Street Spa Owner in Boston, MA from 2005 to 2010. Selena’s industry work history, training and teaching experience would be difficult to surpass.
CE Institute LLC prides itself in providing the very best of instructors and educational experiences for our students. Sign-up today and prepare yourself for an incredible 5-star learning experience.