18 CE Hour Esalen Massage with Scent & Sound Live Interactive Webinar
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY BEING SUBMITTED TO THE BOARDS FOR BOARD APPROVAL TO TEACH VIA WEBINAR!
The next 2-day class is:
- Please select "10:00 am April 25, 2021" above for the following 3-Day class schedule: Sunday, Monday & Tuesday, April 25, 26 & 27, 2021 from 10 pm to 5:00 pm
In our 18 CE Hour Esalan Massage with Scent & Sound Live Interactive Hands-on Webinar, you will:
- learn the Esalen philosophy and approach to healing through touch.
- review the 12 Essential Elements of Esalen Massage.
- participate in a student activity called the "Experiential Exercise". This is a continuum of awareness and attention.
- enjoy a lecture on Gestalt Communication Practice: The Language of responsibility, applicable to giving and receiving feedback with more experiential exercise.
- participate in a student activity of experiential breathwork exercise using the three sounds for supporting autonomic system relaxation: Ohhhhh, Ahhhhh, Ummmm.
- watch an instructor demonstration of the first 8 essential elements. Intention, Awareness, Attention, Presence, Breath, Contact, Long Strokes, Pause. In this instructor demo, we would like students to practice with a live, in person model in the prone position if possible. We will provide "the paper body" for this webinar class and using pillows in place of a live person are all acceptable practice.
- review handouts on sound, song, mantra.
- learn and practice the Chakra Mantra, the Tara Mantra, Sitting Quietly (Zen Mantra), and Awen Da Ya Ho (Native American Song)
- view an instructor demonstration combining long strokes with sound, prone and supine and practice on a live in-person model if possible (again the "paper body" or pillows are acceptable substitutes if you cannot get a live in-person model).
- watch another instructor demonstration and practice of massage with long strokes, adding arm rotation, supine, including previous skills learned with addition of arm rotation.
- review eight essential oils with their relationship to chakras, and how to choose which for the session.
- watch instructor demonstration of how to blend oils for specific needs.
- practice new esalen skills using both sounds and oils.
- have the opportunity to ask questions of the instructor via voice or chat box
- give and receive feedback. Share experiences with entire class.
MORE DETAILS TO COME - STAY TUNED!!!