12 CE Swedish Oncology & Bodywork for Cancer (Computer-Based Live Interactive Webinar)
This live course is approved by NCBTMB, FL, SC, GA & TN boards of massage and all states that accept NCBTMB hours. Florida Board of Massage will accept this course as a live "relevant to massage techniques" hands-on training for the 2022/2023 relicensing period due Aug 31, 2023.
If you are taking this training for CE credit, please check with your own board to ensure you will receive the credit you need PRIOR TO registering or paying for this class. There is a $25 cancellation fee to cancel for any reason, plus 7-days notice is required prior to the start of training to change or cancel.
In this live interactive webinar, you will have some opportunity to have instructor interaction with questions/answers and hear other students' questions regarding the presented material. Our webinars are largely interactive with polls, break-out sessions with the other students and more. Please read the email instructions provided prior to the start of your training to get the very most out of it! Please login to your live webinar 30 minutes prior to the start of class. Any student who is not logged in at the start of class, or anyone does not attend the entire online class will not receive a certificate or CE credit. We cannot provide a certificate or partial CE credit for partial attendance for any webinar. Please click HERE to view our Webinar FAQs & Policies. Thank you.
This Live Interactive 12 CE Swedish Oncology & Bodywork for Cancer webinar is offered in the EASTERN TIME ZONE on the following dates:
- Please select "10:00 am, May 7, 2023" above for the following 2-day class schedule: Sunday & Monday, May 7 & 8, 2023 from 10:00 am to 4:30 pm Eastern Time
- Please select "1:00 pm, August 19, 2023" above for the following 2-day class schedule: Saturday & Sunday, August 19 & 20, 2023 from 1:00 pm to 7:30 pm Eastern Time
This 12 CE Swedish Oncology & Bodywork for Cancer class provides a base amount of information to work with cancer, as well as 2 modified forms of bodywork to provide in oncology situations. Class includes:
- Learn the History & Timeline of Cancer
- Learn the Bodywork Goals for Cancer Patients & Survivors
- Practice a Client Intake Process to work with Oncology
- View an Instructor Demo of Swedish Oncology Massage
- Watch an instructor demonstration (and practice along if you wish) a Sidelying Swedish Oncology Massage Session
- Lecture: Working with Cancer
- Learn Oncology Contraindications for Swedish Oncology Massage
- Review "Physician Dialogue" - Questions to ask your Client's Doctor about their Cancer and/or Cancer Treatments
- Review Ethics & Responsibilities in Working with Cancer
- Review the Definition of Oncology
- Learn Different Oncology "Causes"
- Learn About Metastasis
- Review Cancer Types
- Review Cancer Classifications
- Talk About What’s it like with Cancer
- Skin Cancer Review
- See the Symptoms of Cancer
- Learn an Alternative Form of Bodywork Called a "Sweet Session" - for Cancer Patients & Survivors who are Contraindicated for Regular Massage
- Review an Oncology Client's Immunity, Impact & Sanitation
- Review Carcinogens and Virus
- Learn the Different Cancer Treatments you may work with as a Massage Therapist
- 10 Minute Zone Reflexology Session - Instructor Demo with Protocol and Student Practice Along
- Students are encourage to have a model available to practice bodywork during the webinar. While it is not necessary to have a model and practice along with the instructor via webinar, it is recommended! Thanks!
12 CE Swedish Oncology & Bodywork for Cancer CE Broker Course #20-796664
Massage Magazine has published CE Institute LLC Instructor Selena Belisle in Oncology Bodywork breakthroughs:
About your Instructors
This oncology class was written and is taught by CE Institute LLC Founder, Selena Belisle. When Selena sought formal “full body” massage therapy training in 1995 in a 1,000+ hour program at the Massage Institute of New England, she was taught that it was contraindicated to massage anyone with cancer. Back in the 1990s (and earlier), it was thought that massaging anyone with cancer could “spread their cancer”. We know today that was totally false. Today, and in this class, we teach something entirely different. Today, we have new information about how to appropriately work with clients who are suffering with cancer, those who are undergoing intensive cancer treatments, and those who are in remission but have detrimental after-effects.
Selena started in the industry with sports massage in 1989. Over the past 3 decades, she has worked with thousands of cancer patients and survivors. This included her own personal practice with oncology clients, plus a decade of managing over 40 other massage therapists, 4 acupuncturists and 4 chiropractors in an alternative health care practice which she founded in Braintree & Quincy, Massachusetts, until she sold in 2005. She then spent another 5-years training and managing a 2nd staff as a Newbury Street Spa Owner in Boston, MA from 2005-2010. The spa provided esthetic skin care services (facials, body scrubs, wraps, etc.) which created a greater awareness of working with skin cancers.
A few years ago, Selena was diagnosed with Melanoma, the most severe form of skin cancer. Her father is also a melanoma skin cancer survivor. Selena works closely with Impact Melanoma, to help professionals recognize and alert clients to any concerning skin/mole changes. Selena has also volunteered in the chemotherapy infusion unit at the Miami Cancer Institute in 2017/2018. She has taken numerous seminars in live and online education about working with cancer over the past 3 decades. And she has spent countless hours studying the ever-changing evolution of oncology research and practice. You can view a more complete list of Selena’s accolades including her publications, training and experience by clicking HERE.
Selena also won a 2017 Award from Dana Farber & the Jimmy Fund for: “in recognition of extraordinary support of research and patient care at Dana Farber Cancer Institute, leading to breakthroughs against cancer”. With Selena’s massive, award winning experience in oncology care, she created this comprehensive oncology bodywork class which is 100% resourced with scientific research and data. Selena’s history, studies, practice and instruction of working with people with cancer and cancer survivors, makes her one of the foremost leading industry instructors of oncology bodywork education today.
Wendy Langen PA-C, MCMSc, LMT, also teaches these classes. Wendy is a graduate of the Sarasota School of Massage Therapy and has been a Licensed Massage Therapist since 1992. Wendy returned to the Sarasota school as a licensed graduate to teach Anatomy and Physiology in the 90’s.
Wendy went on to obtain a Master’s Degree in Clinical Medical Science from Barry University in 2000. Today, she is a licensed and nationally-certified physician assistant. Wendy currently holds a primary faculty position at the Barry University Physician Assistant Program, in addition to teaching CE Classes part-time at CE Institute LLC.
Wendy has an extensive medical, teaching and research background that surpasses most massage therapy instructors. She has worked in diagnostic medicine and has been repeatedly published in the medical community. You can view more about Wendy’s accolades by clicking HERE.