12 CE Hour Lomi Lomi Massage - 2 DAY CLASS $185
All 12+ CE Hour Live Classes will receive a FREE 12 CE Hour Online Class which includes the mandatory FL License renewal courses: 2 CE Ethics, 2 CE Errors Prevention & 2 CE FL Laws + a 6 CE Elective in Geriatrics. Please check your email for your online course login info after registration. You will have 1-week to earn your FREE Online CE Hours. Students who do not attend a 12+ CE Live Course can pay $19.95 for this Online Course.
This class is offered as 1 Day & 2 Day Class. Click HERE for the 1 Day Class.
The next 2 Day Class is scheduled for:
- Sunday & Monday, April 15 & 16 2019, 1 pm - 7:30 pm
This Hawaiian massage class teaches mostly the Ancient Temple Style Lomi, with strokes from heel to head and back. The majority of the class is hands-on practice time with extra emphasis on using forearms, oil and long strokes.
Some brief history about Hawaii and lomi practice is offered, including reviewing Ahupua’a, Ho'oponopono, chanting, gaining your own Sovereignty and the Hawaiian Heiau.
There is instructor demonstration plus student practice and receipt of lomi massage in addition to the theoretical powerpoint presentation. We will use bolsters, the face cradle and top/bottom sheets (draping is with full sheets instead of a towel). Students should be comfortable fully undressing for practice. Genitalia and breast tissue are covered with draping at all times; however, in prone position, 1/2 the body is exposed from head to heel for long body stroking (no gluteal cleveage or genitalia are exposed).
The lomi strokes taught in this class include:
- Prone: Short & Long Back Strokes
- Prone: Hand & Forearm Strokes Heel to Head (and back)
- Prone: Sole of Foot Forearm Stroking
- Prone: Heel to Wrist Stroking (and back)
- Supine:Face Work with Forearms
- Supine: Wrist to Waste Stroking
- Supine: Simultaneous Chest & Back Strokes
- Supine: Abdominal Work (optional)
- Supine: Simultaneous Anterior & Posterior Leg Strokes
- Supine: Foot Work with Forearms