12 CE Hour Trigger Point & Neuromuscular Therapy Basics Live Interactive Webinar
This highly interactive webinar WILL count as a 12 CE Hour live hands-on class with both NCBTMB & The Florida Board of Massage!
This is an identical class to our live presentation however because of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are now offering it at a reduced price via a live webinar. You will have some opportunity to have instructor interaction with questions/answers and hear other students' questions regarding the presented material. Our webinars are largely interactive with polls, break-out sessions with the other students and more. We will email a link to access your live webinar shortly before the start of this online webinar. Please login to your live webinar 30 minutes prior to the start of class. Any student who is not logged in at the start of class, or anyone does not attend the entire online class will not receive a certificate or CE credit. We cannot provide a certificate or partial CE credit for partial attendance for any webinar. Thank you.
This 12 CE Hour Trigger Point & Neuromuscular Therapy Basics webinar class is offered on the following dates:
Please select "1 pm April 10, 2021" above for the following 2-day class schedule: Saturday & Tuesday April 10 & 13, 2021 from 8:30 am to 3:00 pm.
- Please select "8:30 am April 13, 2021" above for the following 2-day class schedule: Tuesday & Wednesday, April 13 & 14, 2021 from 8:30 am to 3:00 pm.
- Please select "8:30 am June 29, 2021" above for the following 2-day class schedule: Tuesday & Wednesday, June 29 & 30, 2021 from 8:30 am to 3:00 pm.
- Please select "8:30 am August 29, 2021" above for the following 2-day class schedule: Sunday & Monday, August 29 & 30, 2021 from 8:30 am to 3:00 pm.
This combo multiday class combines 6 hours of Trigger Point Therapy education and 6 hours of Neuromuscular Therapy education.
In our 6 hours of Trigger Point Therapy education, we will review:
- What is a trigger point
- How to find trigger points
- Common places where trigger points are found
- How to apply pressure to relieve trigger points (and pain)
- Instructor demonstrations of individual trigger point application, entry point, amount of pressure to be used and length of time to hold trigger points
- Hands-on follow along practice with the instructor with trigger point application which you can practice on yourself or a model
- Stories and reviews of trigger point theory
- Communication skills and practices with clients when applying trigger point therapy
- Includes a history review of the 1st female physician to a U.S. President and a "founder" of Trigger Point Therapy: Dr. Janet Travell
Our 6 hours of Neuromuscular Therapy education includes:
- NMT Benefits,
- Postural & Functional Evaluations,
- Nerve Entrapment & Ischemia,
- Assessing & Addressing Pain,
- Pain Relief Agencies & Organizations,
- Treatment Suggestions,
- Instructor Demonstrations,
- NMT Evaluations
- Hands-on NMT Practice while following the instructor on the webinar
At the end of this class, you will have the foundation basics of how Neuromuscular Therapy is practiced with an extended knowledge of trigger point therapy. This class is designed to help therapists provide more exact pain relief in targeted treatments instead of a regular full body massage service.
12 CE Hour Sports & Neuromuscular Therapy Basics FL CE Broker Course #
Please click HERE for all Neuromuscular classes at CE Institute LLC.
12 CE Hour Sports & Neuromuscular Therapy Basics Live Interactive Webinar CE Broker Course #20-796992
This Neuromuscular Therapy & Trigger Point Therapy class was written and is taught by CE Institute LLC Founder, Selena Belisle. Selena teaches the majority of our NMT and Trigger Point Classes at CE Institute LLC. Wendy Langen also teaches several of our medical classes like this one as well.
Selena has been practicing Neuromuscular Therapy for 25 years and Massage Therapy for 30 years. She started with sports massage when she was competing on Team USA in the Athens Greece Olympic Stadium for her 1st World Championship title in 1989. She went on to win 3 WAF World Titles in Arm Wresting and other various minor sport titles. After the height of her professional athletic career, Selena sought formal “full body” massage therapy training at the Massage Institute of New England in Cambridge, Massachusetts – which touched upon Neuromuscular Therapy in their 1000+ hour program in 1995.
In 1995, Selena also took her first class with Paul St. John at the American Massage Therapy Association National Convention in Boston, MA. She went on to complete numerous Neuromuscular Therapy Certifications in Paul St. John NMT from 1997 to 1999. She has also trained in the 1990s in Neuromuscular Therapy with David Kent. Selena has additionally taken multiple online theoretical studies in structural integration and NMT with Theresa A. Schmidt, Judy Delany, Lu Mueller-Kaul, and Doug Nelson of Precision Neuromuscular Therapy. A larger portion of executing NMT is by working on and relieving active trigger points.
Selena has spent decades training, practicing and teaching NMT, trigger point therapy, deep tissue techniques, myofascial release, postural integration and other integrative bodyworks. With this experience, Selena created a style of postural evaluation and easy/quasi “fix-it” routines for a quick, simplified practice of NMT. Selena’s NMT classes are for beginner to intermediate skill level practitioners. Selena recommends intermediate to advanced NMT training classes from Theresa Schmidt, Judy Delany, David Kent or Lu Mueller-Kaul.
CE Institute LLC prides itself in providing the very best of instructors and educational experiences for our students. Sign-up today and prepare yourself for an incredible 5-star learning experience.