4 Hour HIV & AIDS Initial Education Self-Paced Home Study Online Course
FL COSMETOLOGY COURSE
This home study class is approved by Florida Board of Cosmetology for practitioners seeking their initial 4 hour training to apply for a license with the Florida Board of Cosmetology. The course will be available for 3-days access after purchase. Please do not purchase this course unless you are able to complete it within 3-days of purchase.
After you register/pay for this course, we will email you a link to access your online training. You will need to click on that email link to access your online course. This courses consists of an e-book that you can view online, download or both. Students will read the course e-book then take a short and simple test. Students will be required to pass the test with a 75% score, and most students pass the test with their first attempt. Students can take their test as many times as they need to until they pass, or until their course access expires. Please complete the course survey after passing your test, then download and save your certificate. You will need your downloaded certificate to apply to the Florida Board of Cosmetology.
The course includes required training on the modes of HIV transmission, infection control procedures, clinical management, and prevention of HIV and AIDS. It also provides information on employment workplace practices for the attitudes towards HIV and AIDS as well as appropriate behavior in dealing with persons who may have the virus or syndrome, including:
- Definitions of HIV & AIDS
- The Immune System & T-Cells
- Antiretroviral Therapy /ART & Medical Side Effects
- The History of HIV
- Stages of HIV Infection
- Review of HIV/AIDS-Related Opportunistic Illnesses, Infections & Communicable Disease
- Skin Integrity Issues
- Kaposi Sarcoma
- Cachexia/Wasting Syndrome
- Herpes Simplex Virus & Shingles
- Additional Disease, Infection & Illness
- HIV Modes of Transmission
- HIV Superinfection
- Popular Myths About HIV Modes of Transmission
- Post-Exposure Prophylaxis/PEP & Infection Control
- Infection Control & Skin Integrity
- Employment Work Practices: Occupational Skin Issues & Infection Control
- Educational Campaigns from the CDC
- HIV/AIDS Statistics in the United States
- Behavioral Attitude: HIV/AIDS Workplace Policies
- Behavioral Attitude: Employee HIV Status & Rights
This course is eligible for CE Credit for Florida Licensed Cosmetologists, Full Specialists, Facial Specialists, Nail Specialists, Hair Braiders, Hair Wrappers & Body Wrappers with the Florida Board of Cosmetology. The course is not eligible for CE Credit with any other organization or board.
You will have 3 days from the time of purchase to view your online course and take your test to earn your 1 Hour of CE credit. Please do not purchase this course if you are not ready to take it - this course will expire within 72 HOURS of purchase. Thanks
FBOC License #7337.