18 CE Bodywork for Cancer & Advanced Oncology Live Interactive Webinar
This highly interactive webinar WILL count as a 18 CE Hour live hands-on class with both NCBTMB & The Florida Board of Massage!
This is an identical class to our live presentation however because of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are now offering it at a reduced price via a live webinar. You will have some opportunity to have instructor interaction with questions/answers and hear other students' questions regarding the presented material. There will be plentiful instructor demonstrations with student practice along sessions. Students can practice on themselves or on a live model or both during this class. Our webinars are largely interactive with polls, break-out sessions with the other students and more. We will email a link to access your live webinar shortly before the start of this online webinar. Please login to your live webinar 30 minutes prior to the start of class. Any student who is not logged in at the start of class, or anyone does not attend the entire online class will not receive a certificate or CE credit. We cannot provide a certificate or partial CE credit for partial attendance for any webinar. Please click HERE to view our Webinar FAQs & Policies. Thank you.
This 18 CE Hour Bodywork for Cancer & Advanced Oncology Live Interactive Webinar class is offered on the following dates:
- Please select "8:30 am May 8, 2021" above for the following 3-day class schedule:
- Saturday, Monday & Wednesday, May 8, 10 & 12, 2021 from 8:30 am to 3 pm (there are no class hours on Sunday or Tuesday)
- Please select "8:30 am May 10, 2021" above for the following 3-day class schedule:
- Monday, May 10, 2021 from 8:30 am to 3:00 pm
- Tuesday, May 11, 2021 from 1 pm to 7:30 pm
- Wednesday, May 12, 2021 from 8:30 am to 3:00 pm
- Please select "11:00 am, July 17, 2021" above for the following 2-day class schedule:
- Saturday, July 17, 2021 from from 11:00 am to 5:30 pm
- Sunday, July 18, 2021 from from 11:00 am to 5:30 pm
- Tuesday, July 20, 2021 from 10 am to 4:30 pm
- Please select "10 am Aug 14, 2021" above for the following 3-day class schedule:
- Saturday, August 14, 2021 from 10 am to 4:30 pm
- Sunday, August 15, 2021 from 9 am to 3:30 pm
- Monday, August 16, 2021 from 9 am to 3:30 pm
This class provides an incredible amount of oncology information that is specifically important to working with people with cancer. You will also learn 3 different/altered bodywork routines that were specifically created for people with cancer. Class includes:
- Learn the History & Timeline of Cancer
- Learn the Bodywork Goals for Cancer Patients & Survivors
- Practice a Client Intake Process to work with Oncology
- View an Instructor Demo of Swedish Oncology Massage
- Practice (and receive) a 30 Min Swedish Oncology Massage Sessions
- Working with Cancer Lecture
- Learn Oncology Contraindications for Swedish Oncology Massage
- Review "Physician Dialogue" - Questions to ask your Client's Doctor about their Cancer and/or Cancer Treatments
- Review Ethics & Responsibilities in Working with Cancer
- Review the Definition of Oncology
- Learn Different Oncology "Causes"
- Learn About Metastasis
- Review Cancer Types
- Review Cancer Classifications
- Talk About What’s it like with Cancer
- Skin Cancer Review
- See the Symptoms of Cancer
- Learn an Alternative Form of Bodywork Called a "Sweet Session" - for Cancer Patients & Survivors who are Contraindicated for Regular Massage
- Review an Oncology Client's Immunity, Impact & Sanitation
- Review Carcinogens and Virus
- Learn the Different Cancer Treatments you may work with as a Massage Therapist
- Zone Reflexology Instructor Demo
- Student practice along sessions with Instructor Demo
- Review how Lymphedema occurs for a Considerable Portion of Cancer Patients who have had a Lymphadenectomy and/or Tumors that Create Swelling
- Review Lymphatic Businesses and Organizations available to students for further research and study
- Review what Lymphatic Drainage means/is
- Learn the Lymphatic Drainage Benefits of Manual Lymphatic Drainage
- Review the Client's Health History & Overall Intake Process for Lymphatic Drainage
- Overview of Body Systems and Lymphatic Flow
- Physiological Review of Lymphatic System Cells, Tissues and Organs
- Learn Lymphatic Drainage Contraindications
- Discuss how Lymphatic Drainage on a Limb Effected with Lymphedema can be Integrated into a Regular Massage Appointment
- Watch an Instructor Demo of Lymphatic Drainage on Extremities
- Brief Students Practice Along with Instructor Demonstration of Lymphatic Drainage on Extremities
18 CE Bodywork for Cancer & Advanced Oncology CE Broker Course #20-802670
This oncology class was written and is taught by CE Institute LLC Founder, Selena Belisle. When Selena sought formal “full body” massage therapy training in 1995 in a 1,000+ hour program at the Massage Institute of New England, she was taught that it was contraindicated to massage anyone with cancer. Back in the 1990s (and earlier), it was thought that massaging anyone with cancer could “spread their cancer”. We know today that was totally false. Today, and in this class, we teach something entirely different. Today, we have new information about how to appropriately work with clients who are suffering with cancer, those who are undergoing intensive cancer treatments, and those who are in remission but have detrimental after-effects.
Selena started in the industry with sports massage in 1989. Over the past 3 decades, she has worked with thousands of cancer patients and survivors. This included her own personal practice with oncology clients, plus a decade of managing over 40 other massage therapists, 4 acupuncturists and 4 chiropractors in an alternative health care practice which she founded in Braintree & Quincy, Massachusetts, until she sold in 2005. She then spent another 5-years training and managing a 2nd staff as a Newbury Street Spa Owner in Boston, MA from 2005-2010. The spa provided esthetic skin care services (facials, body scrubs, wraps, etc.) which created a greater awareness of working with skin cancers.
A few years ago, Selena was diagnosed with Melanoma, the most severe form of skin cancer. Her father is also a melanoma skin cancer survivor. Selena works closely with Impact Melanoma, to help professionals recognize and alert clients to any concerning skin/mole changes. Selena has also volunteered in the chemotherapy infusion unit at the Miami Cancer Institute in 2017/2018. She has taken numerous seminars in live and online education about working with cancer over the past 3 decades. And she has spent countless hours studying the ever-changing evolution of oncology research and practice. You can view a more complete list of Selena’s accolades including her publications, training and experience by clicking HERE.
Selena also won a 2017 Award from Dana Farber & the Jimmy Fund for: “in recognition of extraordinary support of research and patient care at Dana Farber Cancer Institute, leading to breakthroughs against cancer”. With Selena’s massive, award winning experience in oncology care, she created this comprehensive oncology bodywork class which is 100% resourced with scientific research and data. Selena’s history, studies, practice and instruction of working with people with cancer and cancer survivors, makes her one of the foremost leading industry instructors of oncology bodywork education today.