LIVE IN-PERSON 30 CE Hour Advanced Ayurvedic Bodywork & Massage
This live, hands-on, in-person class has special operations given it has been scheduled during the COVID-19 pandemic. This will be our first in-person class in 2 1/2 years because we take COVID extremely seriously:
- This class will be limited to around 10 students. Please do not register unless you are serious about attending. We require a minimum of 6 students to hold class, so there's a limited number of class cancellations and changes that can be processed while keeping the class/school operational.
- We require 7-days notice to change or cancel registration which will be processed with a $25 admin fee. Students may make a one-time change to another class with 7-days notice prior to the start of training at no charge. Changes or cancellations within 7-days of the class start date cannot be honored, unless the student provides a verifiable COVID positive test that was diagnosed within 10-days prior to the start of class. The verifiable test must be provided prior to the class start date.
- This is a live, in-person hands-on bodywork training class. Students will be kept separated during lecture and theory, and will be allowed close contact during hands-on practice, as long as they follow the school's policies. Students do not have to participate in hands-on training to earn CE credit, their only requirement is to attend, watch, listen and be physically present during instruction.
- Students are required to wear masks at ALL times over their mouth and nose while on campus (except for the small break room where drinks or snacks can be consumed). No exceptions will be made for this policy for ANY reason. Any student who does not follow our mask wearing policies will be immediately discharged from campus without a refund. Neck goiters and respirators that allow for respiratory discharge are not acceptable masks. Our mask policies are similar to what is provided with close-contact on airplanes. The school will provide acceptable masks if the instructor feels the need to do so. Our school is usually kept unreasonably cold so wearing masks in our classroom is often more durable than most.
- Temperature of students will be taken prior to the start of class, and may be checked again at any time. Any student exhibiting an elevated temperature or fever must leave the school.
- Students must arrive at least 20-minutes prior to the start of class (and no greater than 1-hour prior to the start) for further screening and registration. Any student who does not arrive at least 20-minutes prior to the start of class may be denied admission without a refund. The school is attempting to limit the number of people on campus at one time. It is the instructor who takes the temperature and screens students, and they cannot do this after they have started their class. Class will not be delayed for tardy students.
- Any student who exhibits outward signs of illness with either coughing or sneezing, or any other COVID-19 sign or symptom will be required to leave campus. Please do not register with us if you suffer from allergies or any other medical condition that causes sneezing or coughing, especially while wearing a mask. Because coughing and sneezing are signs of COVID-19, we will not distress and distract other attendees (including the instructor) with anyone coughing or sneezing in class. Please do not show up for class with outward signs of illness because you will be told to leave.
- Hygiene and sanitation measures will be heightened. The school provides hand sanitizer, sinks with soap and water, HEPA filters as well as disinfection products. Any attendee who does not follow our hygiene and sanitation instructions will be required to leave campus without a refund.
- The instructor will not wear a mask during lecture, so that hearing impaired and deaf students, plus students who are seated 20+ feet away can clearly lip read and hear the instructor. Students are not permitted to be within 6 feet, or approach the instructor during lecture.
- To mitigate attendance, we recommend live in-person training for students who can easily drive to our downtown Miami school, given the chance for cancellation is increased during the pandemic. We are not responsible for any costs incurred by a student with a cancelled class. This class can be cancelled for any reason the school requires, especially if the COVID-19 infection rates significantly increase, prior to the start. Please keep in mind it is in the school's interest to hold class to remain operational, so we will do our best to provide class under reasonable circumstances.
- Students will be required to agree to these policies in writing via email prior to the start of class for physical admission to the school. Any student who does not agree to these policies in writing at least 7 days prior to the start of class will have their attendance/registration cancelled/refunded, minus our $25 admin process fee. There are no refunds available for disagreeable students within 7-days of the class start.
- Any student who attempts to defy our policies is subject to have their conduct (unethical or otherwise) reported to their licensing board for potential disciplinary action - at the discretion of the board. They will also be discharged and denied further interaction with CE Institute LLC.
- Changes to our COVID-19 cancellation policies can be made for any reason at any time, at sole discretion of the instructor or school. Please note that we cannot allow anyone to possibly infect others by claiming medical needs or anything else to attempt to exempt themself from our instructions and requirements, especially given the close proximity with hands-on contact allowed during this training, plus the fact that other instructors and schools may be able to accommodate students when we cannot, and we also have similar training and/or CE credit available, with both live and online instructional delivery methods, beyond our physical classroom. Thank you.
This 5-day 30 CE hour Ayurvedic class is offered as live, hands-on, in-person at our school on the following dates:
Please select "1 pm October 9, 2022" above for the following 2-day schedule: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday, Oct 9-13, 2022 from 1:00 pm to 8:00 pm
This class has been scheduled at times to avoid Miami rush hour traffic. All live in-person training during COVID will be provided with 10-minute breaks each hour of class. A 1-hour meal break is provided in the middle of class, for students to leave campus to eat if they wish. No drinking, eating or removal of mask from the nose or mouth is allowed in our classrooms.
This advanced class is a 5-day intensive in Ayurvedic Treatments, including various bodyworks and massage.
Abhyanga (which is also known as Ayurvedic Massage) brings balance and harmony to your clients by following time-tested protocols from this ancient Eastern healing tradition. Learn to perform a full Ayurvedic Massage and learn about the nature of other Ayurvedic bodywork. This class teaches therapists to understand the authentic nature of Ayurveda and provides a good foundation for understanding the 5 Elements and 3 Doshas as they relate to massage and bodywork.
Individual classes are available for individual modalities in this week long course. Please click any of the following courses to be taken to the individual course pages:
- 12 CE Hour Ayurvedic Massage
- 12 CE Hour Ayurvedic Massage - 2 Day Class
- 6 CE Hour Ayurveda Foot, Face & Head Massage
- 6 CE Hour Shirodhara Head & Scalp Treatment
- 6 CE Hour Ayurveda Indian Poultice Bodywork
In this week-long 30 Hour Course: students will learn to administer Abhyanga Full Body Ayurvedic Massage & Treatments. The Key Benefits of the different modalities will be discussed as well as contraindications. Students will know how to drape appropriately for each type of bodywork, and how to customize treatments for each Dosha.
The Ayurvedic Modalities that will taught, studied and practiced are:
- Abhyanga Full Body Oil Ayurvedic Custom Massage
- Indian Poultice Bodywork
- Ayurvedic Foot, Head & Face Massage
An instructor demonstration, student practice and receipt will be provided for all modalities.