6 CE Hour Geriatric Bodywork Medical Considerations E-book ONLINE
This online class is no longer available as of August 15, 2019 due to our focus on completing our existing online and live class work for our live class students. We are only offering online education to NEW live class purchases/students for the next 2 weeks. Please click HERE to view our live class schedule; or, please check back in October 2019 - well after the Florida Massage Therapy License Renewal August 31, 2019 date if you would like to purchase and view this course. Thank you.
CE Institute LLC past students who have completed 2 license renewals with us or more will have special access to our online training platform. If you are a past loyal student, please email us your name and license # and whichever online courses you would like to purchase/take. We will send you a special invoice for this online training once we confirm your past student status. Thank you.
This 6 CE hour online e-book course offers extensive information for bodyworkers who serve geriatric clients, including the massive deterioration of the human body with age. The course includes information about:
- Geriatric Changes in Muscle
- Organ, Gland & Tissue Changes
- Bone & Osteoporosis Conditions
- Arthritic Conditions (covers: Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Gout plus Heberden & Bouchard's Nodes)
- The Top 3 Deteriorations of the Human Spine (Spinal Stenosis, Spondylolisthesis & Disc Degeneration)
- Joint Deterioration & Replacement (covers cemented and uncemented prosthesis)
- Skin Conditions & Changes (includes: Age/Liver Spots, Seborrheic Keratosis & Shingles)
- Vision & Hearing Changes (includes: Glaucoma, Corneal Disease, Cataracts, Conjunctivitis, Dry Eyes, Floaters & Presbyopia)
- Falling & Balance Issues with Nervous & Cardiovascular Changes
- 12 Pages of Geriatric Cardiovascular Conditions & Considerations - Hormonal & Endocrine System Changes
- Dementia & Alzheimers
- A Brief 9 Page Overview of Cancer & Geriatric Oncology
- Communications for Geriatrics
- Elder Abuse
- Bodywork Modifications that can be made for Treatment
- Extensive Research About Bodywork for Geriatrics
- Health Care Proxy Info
This course is only eligible for CE Credit for Florida State Massage Therapists with the Florida Board of Massage. The course is not eligible for CE Credit with any other municipality, organization or board.
After you register for this course, we will send you an email with a link to access your online course. You will need to click on that email link to access you online course. You will have 7 days to access the course and earn your CE credit from when we send that access email.
CE Broker Course #20-669752