36 CE Craniosacral Foundation Level I & II
All 12+ CE Hour Live Classes will receive a FREE 12 CE Hour Online Class which includes the mandatory FL License renewal courses: 2 CE Ethics, 2 CE Errors Prevention & 2 CE FL Laws + a 6 CE Elective in Geriatrics. Please check your email for your online course login info after registration. You will have 1-week to earn your FREE Online CE Hours. Students who do not attend a 12+ CE Live Course can pay $19.95 for this Online Course.
This 36 CE Craniosacral Foundation Level I & II Class is scheduled for 4 consecutive days:
- September 21 & 22, 2019 Saturday & Sunday, 10 am to 7:30 pm & September 23 & 24, 2019 Monday & Tuesday, from 11 am to 8:30 pm (A 30-minute meal break provided in the middle of class as well as a 10 minute break each class hour.)
In CranioSacral therapy, we will be working through a client's clothing. Everyone will remain clothed at all times. As such, it's best to wear loose comfortable clothing. No jeans or anything restrictive. This class is open to professionals beyond massage therapist. Please type N/A on your online registration if you do not have a Florida Massage Therapist License #. Thank you.
CranioSacral Bodywork is a gentle manual therapy that ultimately targets the central nervous system. The result is a positive impact on the functioning of the entire body. With its roots based in Osteopathic treatment, it works by releasing and rebalancing the CranioSacral System--the system that encapsulates the central nervous system. A CranioSacral Treatment can help break the cycle of stress between the nervous system and restricted and/or traumatized tissue anywhere in the body. It works well with massage therapy, movement therapies and also can be practiced all by itself. Craniosacral appointments are a wonderful alternative for therapists who want to practice bodywork without heavy physical stress to their hands!
Releasing and Rebalancing the CranioSacral System can help with:
- Central Nervous System Disorders
- Chronic Fatigue
- Emotional Difficulties
- Fibromyalgia (and other chronic connective-tissue disorders)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Issues from Childbirth (including torticollis, flat or bulging head)
- Learning Disabilities
- Migraine Headaches
- Motor-Coordination Impairment
- Neurovascular or Immune Disorders
- Orthopedic Problems
- Pain (including chronic neck and back pain)
- Post-Surgical Dysfunction
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Stress and Tension-Related Problems
- Temporomandibular Joint Syndrome (TMJ)
- Whiplash, Accidents, and Other Traumatic Brain and Spinal Cord Injuries
In Craniosacral Foundation Level I, you will discover the CranioSacral System, and learn CranioSacral Massage skills which help to create space in the body and cranium for the CranioSacral System to function more effectively. You will:
- Learn the components and mechanisms of the CranioSacral System and the CranioSacral fluid tides.
- Explore areas where connective tissue can get restricted in the skeletal frame and Cranial sutures.
- Discover how those restrictions create CranioSacral strain patterns in the body and Cranial vault, which may cause symptoms and/or pain.
- Understand how the CranioSacral system relates to the nervous system and the sense of wellness and full body presence in yourself and clients
- Develop palpation skills that enable you to begin to feel and assess CranioSacral movement, in order to identify areas where the system is challenged.
- Release key areas of the Craniosacral system that can result in profound relaxation responses in the body and nervous system, thru the use of gentle manual techniques, including the facilitation of Still-points.
- Learn a 1 hr CranioSacral Massage Session protocol to use with clients.
- Delve deeper into your ability to feel and assess CranioSacral movement by switching focus to palpation of movement in the fascia.
- Practice stillpoints at multiple locations on the body.
- Begin to discover how to follow the body into CranioSacral restriction patterns and how to help them release.
- Practice, and be able to receive, a 1 hr CranioSacral Massage protocol that assesses and improves the functioning of the CranioSacral system
In Craniosacral Foundation Level II, you will take your palpation skills of CranioSacral movement to the next level, as well as delve into the CranioSacral components and mechanisms of the face and intra-oral cavity. We will:
- Review and reinforce your ability to feel CranioSacral movement.
- Practice how to follow the body’s CranioSacral movements into restriction patterns and how help them to release.
- Discover the bones, sutures and landmarks of the face and inside of the mouth, and their role in CranioSacral movement.
- Understand how CranioSacral strain patterns contribute to face, eye & jaw pain and dysfunction.
- Practice CranioSacral Massage techniques to release strain patterns in the face and intra-oral cavity.
- Learn a 1 hr session protocol for CranioSacral Massage Techniques for the face and mouthwork.
- Practice, and be able to receive the protocol that assesses and improves the cranioascral expression of the face and mouth.
Please click HERE for all CranioSacral Classes at CE Institute LLC.
This live class will be held at: CE Institute LLC, 111 NE 1st Street, Miami FL 33132.
Please click HERE to view a monthly calendar of ALL live classes available at CE Institute LLC.
Michelle Stoppi, MA, LMT, exclusively teaches all of CE Institute LLC's CranioSacral classes. She earned her Master's Degree in Psychology from Boston University and was President of the Psychology Honor Society in 1993. Michelle then spent three years living & training in the Far East, including time with the Himalayan Sufis who taught her how to embody a different perspective of "being" than which Western civilization offers.
For over 20 years, Michelle taught Yoga & trained staff members at several 5-star spas and internationally acclaimed wellness centers & movement studios. She won the Miami New Times “Best Yoga Teacher” Award in 1999. That same year, she hurt her neck while doing Astanga Yoga Secondary Series. That injury was to change the course of her life when she was led back to health through CranioSacral Therapy.
As a result of her life-changing experience with CST, Michelle became a Licensed Massage Therapist from a 900 hour accredited Massage Program in 2001, and simultaneously immersed herself with Upledger Institute CranioSacral training/therapy to the present day. She became an assistant for Upledger Seminars in 2003. She has also studied and mentored at the Palm Beach Center for CranioSacral Therapy, under Roy Desjarlais.
Michelle has maintained a thriving, full-time private CranioSacral Therapy practice in Miami Beach since 2001. Her extensive experience in Yoga Therapy and CranioSacral Therapy led her to develop her own hands-on techniques for CranioSacral Massage. She has trained movement & massage professionals in these techniques at Ayama Yoga, Educating Hands School of Massage, the International Headquarters for Gyrotonics, Miami Life Center and Vitality Health & Wellness. You can learn more about Michelle's private practice and experience by clicking HERE.
Michelle has developed a specific CranioSacral curriculum from multiple sources and masters. Over the years, she has created skillful education that provides incredible and effective CranioSacral techniques in short and efficient classes. Together, at CE Institute LLC, we provide an expansive range of Craniosacral training options, from a 6 CE Hour Introductory Class to a 36 Hour Program in CranioSacral Foundations I & II. Come join the fun! Learn more about the wonderful world and practice of CranioSacral therapies by registering for your class - TODAY!