24 CE Hour Advanced Medical Massage
This 24 CE Hour Advanced Medical Massage class is offered on the following dates:
- Sunday, July 7, 2019, 9 am - 9:30 pm
- Monday, July 8, 2019, 1 pm - 7:30 pm
- Tuesday, July 9, 2019, 1 pm - 7:30 pm
All 12+ CE Hour Live Classes will receive a FREE 12 CE Hour Online Class which includes the mandatory FL License renewal courses: 2 CE Ethics, 2 CE Errors Prevention & 2 CE FL Laws + a 6 CE Elective in Geriatrics. Please check your email for your online course login info after registration. You will have 1-week to earn your FREE Online CE Hours. Students who do not attend a 12+ CE Live Course can pay $19.95 for this Online Course.
In this comprehensive 24 CE Hour Class, we will spent 12 hours reviewing advanced medical conditions of the back (and rounded shoulders -hyperkyphosis), plus 6 hours on Trigger Point therapy and another 6 hours on Myofascial Release.
Trigger points can cause a loss of daily function, loss of work, severe pain and emotional distress. And most people will do almost anything to improve this dire musculoskeletal situation. 6 Hours of this class will specifically review Trigger Point Theory & Practical Application including:
- what is a trigger point
- how to find trigger points
- common places where trigger points are found
- how to apply pressure to relieve trigger points (and pain)
- instructor demonstrations and hands-on practice time seeking out trigger points (and working to "eliminate" them)
- stories and reviews of trigger point theory are provided
- including a history review of the 1st female physician to a U.S. President and a "founder" of Trigger Point Therapy: Dr. Janet Travell
6 Hours of the class will be spent on myofascial theory and techniques. Myofascial strokes taught include:
- Skin Rolling
- Seeking out Myofascial Restrictions with working "around the clock" techniques
- Overall Myofascial Stretching
Bodyworkers will learn how to work on/release both superficial and deep fascia. These myofascial practices and strokes are aimed to help "loosen" musculoskeletal tissues for a more effective, therapeutic, bodywork result.
12 Hours of the class will be spent on medical bodywork training, specifically to target medical concerns and conditions stemming from a "bad back". The class will review Spinal Stenosis, Spondylosis, Spondylolisthesis, Herniated, Ruptured and Bulging Discs, Scoliosis, Hyper-Kyphosis and Rounded Shoulders, Hyper-Lordosis and Low Back Pain plus Practical Bodywork Contraindications and how to Trigger Point and Massage such medical conditions. The goal is an increased range of motion and pain relief with this education and bodywork.
Multiple instructor demonstrations are provided throughout this multi-day class, plus time is provided for student practice and receipt of medical trigger point therapy and bodywork.
24 CE Hour Advanced Medical Massage FL CE Broker Course #20-635733
Please click HERE for all Advanced Bodywork Classes at CE Institute LLC.
This live class will be held at: CE Institute LLC, 111 NE 1st Street, 9th Floor, Miami FL 33132.
Please click HERE to view a monthly calendar of ALL live classes available at CE Institute LLC.