2 CE Hour HIV/AIDS Education E-book ONLINE $19.95
FL COSMETOLOGY COURSE
This 2 hour course is only valid for 24-hours. Please complete your course within 24-hours of purchase.
This course provides the 2 CE Hour Florida Board of Cosmetology education required on the modes of HIV transmission, infection control procedures, clinical management, and prevention of HIV and AIDS. It also provides information on employment workplace practices for the attitudes towards HIV and AIDS as well as appropriate behavior in dealing with persons who may have the virus or syndrome, including:
- Definitions of HIV & AIDS
- The Immune System & T-Cells
- Antiretroviral Therapy /ART & Medical Side Effects
- The History of HIV
- Stages of HIV Infection
- Review of HIV/AIDS-Related Opportunistic Illnesses, Infections & Communicable Disease
- Skin Integrity Issues
- Kaposi Sarcoma
- Cachexia/Wasting Syndrome
- Herpes Simplex Virus & Shingles
- Additional Disease, Infection & Illness
- HIV Modes of Transmission
- HIV Superinfection
- Popular Myths About HIV Modes of Transmission
- Post-Exposure Prophylaxis/PEP & Infection Control
- Infection Control & Skin Integrity
- Employment Work Practices: Occupational Skin Issues & Infection Control
- Educational Campaigns from the CDC
- HIV/AIDS Statistics in the United States
- Behavioral Attitude: HIV/AIDS Workplace Policies
- Behavioral Attitude: Employee HIV Status & Rights
This course is eligible for CE Credit for Florida Licensed Cosmetologists, Full Specialists, Facial Specialists, Nail Specialists, Hair Braiders, Hair Wrappers & Body Wrappers with the Florida Board of Cosmetology. The course is not eligible for CE Credit with any other organization or board.
After you register for this course, we will send you an email with a link to access your online course. You will need to click on that email link to access you online course. You will have 7 days to access the course and earn your CE credit from when we send that access email.
FBOC License #7337.