18 CE Hour Medical Trigger Point Therapy Live Interactive Webinar
This highly interactive webinar WILL count as a 18 CE Hour live hands-on class with both NCBTMB & The Florida Board of Massage!
This is an identical class to our live presentation however because of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are now offering it at a reduced price via a live webinar. You will have some opportunity to have instructor interaction with questions/answers and hear other students' questions regarding the presented material. Our webinars are largely interactive with polls, break-out sessions with the other students and more. We will email a link to access your live webinar shortly before the start of this online webinar. Please login to your live webinar 30 minutes prior to the start of class. Any student who is not logged in at the start of class, or anyone does not attend the entire online class will not receive a certificate or CE credit. We cannot provide a certificate or partial CE credit for partial attendance for any webinar. Please click HERE for a total list of webinar FAQS and policies. Thank you.
18 CE Hour Medical Trigger Point Therapy Live Interactive Webinar multi-day class is scheduled for:
- Please select "8:30 am April 10, 2021" above for the following 2-day class schedule:
- Saturday, April 10, 2021 from 8:30 am - 3 pm
- Sunday, April 11, 2021 from 9 am to 9:30 pm
- Please select "9:00 am April 11, 2021" above for the following 3-day class schedule:
- Sunday, April 11, 2021 from 9 am to 9:30 pm
- Wednesday, April 14, 2021 from 8:30 am - 3 pm
- There is no class on Monday or Tuesday for this 18-hour April 2021 class starting on Sunday.
- Please select "8:30 pm June 26, 2021" above for the following 2-day class schedule:
- Saturday & Sunday, June 26 & 27, 2021 from 8:30 am to 3:00 pm
- Wednesday, June 30, 2021 from 8:30 am - 3 pm
- There is no class on Monday or Tuesday for the 18-hour June 2021 class starting on Saturday.
Trigger points can cause a loss of daily function, loss of work, severe pain and emotional distress. And most people will do almost anything to improve this dire musculoskeletal situation. In this 18 CE Hour class, we will spend 6 Hours specifically reviewing Trigger Point Theory & Practical Application including:
- what is a trigger point
- how to find trigger points
- common places where trigger points are found
- how to apply pressure to relieve trigger points (and pain)
- instructor demonstrations and hands-on practice time seeking out trigger points (and working to "eliminate" them)
- stories and reviews of trigger point theory are provided
- including a history review of the 1st female physician to a U.S. President and a "founder" of Trigger Point Therapy: Dr. Janet Travell
- students in this class will be able to download a life size paper body trigger point map (front and back - 36 pages) which can be laid out on a massage table to follow along with instructor demonstrations
12 Hours of the class will be spent on medical bodywork training, specifically to target medical concerns and conditions stemming from a "bad back". The class will review Spinal Stenosis, Spondylosis, Spondylolisthesis, Herniated, Ruptured and Bulging Discs, Scoliosis, Hyper-Kyphosis and Rounded Shoulders, Hyper-Lordosis and Low Back Pain plus Practical Bodywork Contraindications and how provide trigger point therapy relief amongst other medical bodywork applications for such medical conditions. The goal is to increase range of motion and provide pain relief with this education and bodywork.
Multiple instructor demonstrations are provided throughout this multi-day class, plus time is provided for student practice the bodywork with amazing visuals to download and keep. Please be sure to download your student materials prior to or during class. They will no longer be available once your class ends!
18 CE Hour Medical Trigger Point Therapy FL CE Broker Course #
This Trigger Point Therapy class was written by CE Institute LLC Founder, Selena Belisle. Selena teaches the majority of Myofascial & Trigger Point classes at CE Institute LLC (specifically when they do not list another one of our master instructors such as Ben Benjamin or Wendy Langen).
Selena has been practicing massage therapy for 30 years. She started with sports massage in 1989 when she was competing on Team USA in the Athens Greece Olympic Stadium for her 1st World Championship title. She went on to win 3 WAF World Titles in Arm Wresting and other various minor sport titles. After the height of her professional athletic career, Selena sought formal “full body” massage therapy training in 1995 in a 1,000+ hour program at the Massage Institute of New England in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Performing myofascial release and trigger point therapy was a core part of the Massage Institute’s curriculum. Selena went on to receive multiple live class NMT Certifications from 1997 to 1999 in Paul St. John Neuromuscular Therapy. One of the most basics foundations of our NMT work from the 1990s was to relieve trigger points for optimal function and well-being. She has also completed live class certifications in Myofascial Release with John Barnes (1990s), Robert King (2001) and George Kousaleos of the CORE Institute (2000), plus a series of online introductory courses in Anatomy Trains with Tom Myers (2016), another series of online theoretical myofascial technique courses with Til Lachua (from 2015 to 2018) and several other clinical, pain relief, trigger point and myofascial online classes with Theresa Schmidt, DPT, MS, OCS, LMT, CEAS, CHY, DD (from 2016 to 2017), amongst many other live and online classes in various modalities. You can view a more complete list of Selena’s accolades including her publications, training and experience by clicking HERE.
Selena feels that it is often helpful to study Trigger Point Therapy & Myofascial Release modalities together – even though they are VERY DIFFERENT modalities and applications. Selena has extensive experience in successfully applying these modalities when she worked on various athletes from the New England Patriots during the time that they succeeded to legendary superstar status. Selena also created one of New England’s largest alternative health care clinics in the 1990s, where thousands of customers sought natural pain relief remedies with these modalities for an entire decade, prior to her successful sale of the business to another chiropractor in 2005. She also spent another 5-years training and managing a 2nd staff as a Newbury Street Spa Owner in Boston, MA from 2005 to 2010. Selena’s industry work history, training and teaching experience would be difficult to surpass.
CE Institute LLC prides itself in providing the very best of instructors and educational experiences for our students. Sign-up today and prepare yourself for an incredible 5-star learning experience.