18 CE Bodywork for Cancer & Advanced Oncology
This 18 CE Bodywork for Cancer & Advanced Oncology class is scheduled for:
- Please select "9 am Aug 8, 2020" above for the following 2-day class schedule: Saturday, Aug 8, 2020, 9 am to 9:30 pm & Sunday, August 9, 2020, 9 am to 3:00 pm
- Please select "9 am Jan 16, 2021" above for the following 2-day class schedule: Saturday, January 16, 2021, 9 am to 9:30 pm & Sunday, January 17, 2021, 9 am to 3:00 pm
This class provides an incredible amount of oncology information that is specifically important to working with people with cancer. You will also learn 3 different/altered bodywork routines that were specifically created for people with cancer. Class includes:
- Learn the History & Timeline of Cancer
- Learn the Bodywork Goals for Cancer Patients & Survivors
- Practice a Client Intake Process to work with Oncology
- View an Instructor Demo of Swedish Oncology Massage
- Practice (and receive) a 30 Min Swedish Oncology Massage Sessions
- A Working with Cancer Lecture
- Learn Oncology Contraindications for Swedish Oncology Massage
- Review "Physician Dialogue" - Questions to ask your Client's Doctor about their Cancer and/or Cancer Treatments
- Review Ethics & Responsibilities in Working with Cancer
- Review the Definition of Oncology
- Learn Different Oncology "Causes"
- Learn About Metastasis
- Review Cancer Types
- Review Cancer Classifications
- Talk About What’s it like with Cancer
- Skin Cancer Review
- See the Symptoms of Cancer
- Learn an Alternative Form of Bodywork Called a "Sweet Session" - for Cancer Patients & Survivors who are Contraindicated for Regular Massage
- Practice & Trade Sweet Session Amongst Students
- Review an Oncology Client's Immunity, Impact & Sanitation
- Review Carcinogens and Virus
- Learn the Different Cancer Treatments you may work with as a Massage Therapist
- Zone Reflexology Instructor Demo
- Zone Reflexology 10 Minute Practice Hands-on Sessions
- Review how Lymphedema occurs for a Considerable Portion of Cancer Patients who have had a Lymphadenectomy and/or Tumors that Create Swelling
- Review Lymphatic Businesses and Organizations available to students for further research and study
- Review what Lymphatic Drainage means/is
- Learn the Lymphatic Drainage Benefits of Manual Lymphatic Drainage
- Review the Client's Health History & Overall Intake Process for Lymphatic Drainage
- Overview of Body Systems and Lymphatic Flow
- Physiological Review of Lymphatic System Cells, Tissues and Organs
- Learn Lymphatic Drainage Contraindications
- Discuss how Lymphatic Drainage on a Limb Effected with Lymphedema can be Integrated into a Regular Massage Appointment
- Watch an Instructor Demo of Lymphatic Drainage on Extremities
- Students Practice & Receive Lymphatic Drainage on Extremities
18 CE Bodywork for Cancer & Advanced Oncology CE Broker Course #20-702524
Please click HERE for all Oncology classes at CE Institute LLC.
This live class will be held at: CE Institute LLC, 111 NE 1st Street, Miami FL 33132.
Please click HERE to view a monthly calendar of ALL live classes available at CE Institute LLC.
This oncology class was written and is taught by CE Institute LLC Founder, Selena Belisle. When Selena sought formal “full body” massage therapy training in 1995 in a 1,000+ hour program at the Massage Institute of New England, she was taught that it was contraindicated to massage anyone with cancer. Back in the 1990s (and earlier), it was thought that massaging anyone with cancer could “spread their cancer”. We know today that was totally false. Today, and in this class, we teach something entirely different. Today, we have new information about how to appropriately work with clients who are suffering with cancer, those who are undergoing intensive cancer treatments, and those who are in remission but have detrimental after-effects.
Selena started in the industry with sports massage in 1989. Over the past 3 decades, she has worked with thousands of cancer patients and survivors. This included her own personal practice with oncology clients, plus a decade of managing over 40 other massage therapists, 4 acupuncturists and 4 chiropractors in an alternative health care practice which she founded in Braintree & Quincy, Massachusetts, until she sold in 2005. She then spent another 5-years training and managing a 2nd staff as a Newbury Street Spa Owner in Boston, MA from 2005-2010. The spa provided esthetic skin care services (facials, body scrubs, wraps, etc.) which created a greater awareness of working with skin cancers.
A few years ago, Selena was diagnosed with Melanoma, the most severe form of skin cancer. Her father is also a melanoma skin cancer survivor. Selena works closely with Impact Melanoma, to help professionals recognize and alert clients to any concerning skin/mole changes. Selena has also volunteered in the chemotherapy infusion unit at the Miami Cancer Institute in 2017/2018. She has taken numerous seminars in live and online education about working with cancer over the past 3 decades. And she has spent countless hours studying the ever-changing evolution of oncology research and practice. You can view a more complete list of Selena’s accolades including her publications, training and experience by clicking HERE.
Selena also won a 2017 Award from Dana Farber & the Jimmy Fund for: “in recognition of extraordinary support of research and patient care at Dana Farber Cancer Institute, leading to breakthroughs against cancer”. With Selena’s massive, award winning experience in oncology care, she created this comprehensive oncology bodywork class which is 100% resourced with scientific research and data. Selena’s history, studies, practice and instruction of working with people with cancer and cancer survivors, makes her one of the foremost leading industry instructors of oncology bodywork education today.