18 CE Hour Advanced Deep Tissue for Full Body $275
All 12+ CE Hour Live Classes will receive a FREE 12 CE Hour Online Class which includes the mandatory FL License renewal courses: 2 CE Ethics, 2 CE Errors Prevention & 2 CE FL Laws + a 6 CE Elective in Geriatrics. Please check your email for your online course login info after registration. You will have 1-week to earn your FREE Online CE Hours. Students who do not attend a 12+ CE Live Course can pay $19.95 for this Online Course.
The next 18 CE Hour Advanced Deep Tissue for Full Body CE Classes are scheduled on:
- Saturday, April 27, 10 am - 4:30 pm & Sunday, April 28, 2019 - 9 am - 9:30 pm
- Sunday, April 28, 2019 - 9 am - 9:30 pm & Monday April 29, 2019 - 1 pm - 7:30
- Saturday, July 13, 10 am - 4:30 pm, Sunday, July 14, 2019 - 9 am - 9:30 pm
- Sunday, July 14, 2019 - 9 am - 9:30 pm, Monday July 15, 2019 - 1 pm - 7:30
- Monday, Wednesday & Thursday, July 15, 17 & 18 , 2019 - 1 pm - 7:30 - there is NO CLASS on Tuesday July 16th
- Saturday & Sunday, Oct 19 & 20, 2019 10 am - 4:30 pm & Monday Oct 21, 2019 - 1 pm - 7:30
18 CE Hour Advanced Deep Tissue for Full Body Class Includes:
- Advanced Deep Tissue Work on Upper, Mid and Low Back, Shoulders, Chest, Neck, Arms, Legs, Hips, Hands and Feet
- Back Pain Relief Routine
- Extensive Instructor Demonstration & Guidance
- Extensive Hands-On Practice & Receipt
- Review of Deep Tissue Massage Studies & Research
- Review of Deep Tissue Contraindications
- Intensity Scale Instruction
- Speed, Direction & Depth of Stroke Work Instruction
- (Face and Scalp and Extensive Neck Routines for Smaller Clients are NOT included in this 18 CE class, but you can learn this work in our 24 CE Hour Advanced Deep Tissue Master Class)
The Instructor will Review Contact Point Work with Your:
- Dull Elbow
- Pointy Elbow
- Forearm/Ulnar Pressure
- Supported Fist (2 Different types)
- Fist with 1st Knuckles &/or 2nd Knuckles
- Palm & Hand-over-Hand
- Mother Hand
- The use of thumbs to apply pressure is highly discouraged in this class
The Advanced Techniques Practiced in this Class will Include:
- Extensive Elbow Work
- Neuromuscular Therapy
- Ischemic Compression
- Stripping & Strumping
- Trigger Point Work
- Pin Wheeling
We will also review Advanced Deep Tissue Science & Research which shows (the following list are highly redacted/generalized abstracts):
- Deep tissue massage can lengthen hamstrings (2013)
- Deep tissue massage is effective in heal pain treatment (2015)
- Deep tissue massage increases circulation (2003)
- Deep tissue massage reduces pain (2015)
- Deep tissue massage improved a Patient with Parkinson's Disease (2016)
- Deep tissue massage improved Spasticity of Children with Cerebral Palsy (2017)
- Deep tissue massage significantly improves shoulder range of motion (2017)
- Deep tissue massage can break down fibrotic tissues in Breast Cancer Survivors' Radiation-induced Fibrosis (2014)
- Deep tissue massage helped improve chest wall function in idiopathic scoliosis (2009)
- Deep tissue massage reduced chronic low back pain (2014)
- Deep tissue massage reduced acute low back pain (2015)
- Deep tissue massage improved pain pressure threshold (2012)
- Deep tissue massage was significantly better (than regular "therapeutic" massage) at reducing chronic low back pain (2012)
- Deep tissue massage helped with lumbar spinal stenosis (1993)
- 20-minute back massage reduced diastolic blood pressure (2003)
- Low Back Pain Statistics (2018)
Please click HERE for all Advanced Bodywork Classes at CE Institute LLC.
This live class will be held at: CE Institute LLC, 111 NE 1st Street, 9th Floor, Miami FL 33132.
Please click HERE to view a monthly calendar of ALL live classes available at CE Institute LLC.
CE Broker Course #20-637623
This advanced class was written by CE Institute LLC Founder, Selena Belisle. Selena Belisle teaches the majority of advanced classes at CE Institute LLC. She specifically teaches all advanced classes that do not list our other master instructors such as Ben Benjamin or Wendy Langen.
Selena has been practicing massage therapy for 30 years. She started when she was competing on Team USA in the Athens Greece Olympic Stadium for her 1st World Championship title. She went on to win 3 WAF World Titles in Arm Wresting and other various minor sport titles. After the height of her professional athletic career, Selena sought formal “full body” massage therapy training in 1995 in a 1,000+ hour program at the Massage Institute of New England in Cambridge, Massachusetts – the same city where other schools such as MIT and Harvard University are located.
Selena endured a serious life-threatening motorcycle accident after graduating from massage school. She awoke from a coma, temporarily paralyzed, blind, on advanced life support, with a severe brain injury, sepsis plus overwhelming organ and orthopedic damage and trauma. She spent the majority of a Summer in the Boston Medical Center between the SICU and floor where she "coded" several times. Once discharged, Selena was sent home emaciated (90 lbs), in casts, unable to walk, work or lie flat (supine or prone) and in need of multiple follow-up surgeries. She overcame this accident through daily massage and regular chiropractic/acupuncture holistic care. Selena rehabilitated herself all the way back into professional athletics and won her last U.S. National Arm Wrestling title 8 years after this devastating accident. Selena has a profound knowledge and interest in the human body and how to achieve its optimal health, healing and function.
Selena’s education in advanced modalities include numerous Paul St. John Neuromuscular Therapy live class Certifications, live Myofascial Release courses with John Barnes, Robert King and George Kousaleos of the CORE Institute, live class Traditional Chinese Medicine Certifications from the Beijing Hospital and New England School of Acupuncture as well as hundreds of other live and online classes and trainings. Selena also managed over 40 massage therapists, 4 acupuncturists and 4 chiropractors in an alternative health care practice which she founded in Braintree & Quincy, Massachusetts from 1996 to 2005 (which she successfully sold). Selena also worked on various athletes from the New England Patriots during the time that they succeeded to legendary status. She spent 5-years training and managing a 2nd staff as a Newbury Street Spa Owner in Boston, MA. You can view a more complete list of Selena’s accolades including her publications, training and experience by clicking HERE. Selena’s industry experience and training would be difficult to surpass.
CE Institute LLC prides itself in providing the very best of instructors and educational experiences for our students. Sign-up today and prepare yourself for an incredible 5-star learning experience.