12 CE Hour Oncology & Geriatric Massage
This 12 CE Hour Oncology & Geriatric Massage class is offered on the following dates:
- Please select "9:00 am Aug 24, 2019" above for the following 1-day class schedule Sunday, August 24, 2019, 9 am - 9:30 pm
The US National Cancer Institute reports: People age 65 and older represent approximately 60% of cancer patients and account for 70% of annual cancer deaths. As such, we always find it is best to study these 2 subjects together.
All 12+ CE Hour Live Classes will receive a FREE 12 CE Hour Online Class which includes the mandatory FL License renewal courses: 2 CE Ethics, 2 CE Errors Prevention & 2 CE FL Laws + a 6 CE Elective in Geriatrics. Please check your email for your online course login info after registration. You will have 1-week to earn your FREE Online CE Hours. Students who do not attend a 12+ CE Live Course can pay $19.95 for this Online Course.
- Learn the History & Timeline of Cancer
- Learn the Bodywork Goals for Cancer Patients & Survivors
- Practice a Client Intake Process to work with Oncology
- View an Instructor Demo of Swedish Oncology Massage
- Practice (and receive) a 30 Min Swedish Oncology Massage Sessions
- A Working with Cancer Lecture
- Learn Oncology Contraindications for Swedish Oncology Massage
- Review "Physician Dialogue" - Questions to ask your Client's Doctor about their Cancer and/or Cancer Treatments
- Review Ethics & Responsibilities in Working with Cancer
- Geriatric Bone & Osteoporosis Changes & Conditions
- Arthritic Conditions (covers: Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Gout plus Heberden & Bouchard's Nodes)
- The Top 3 Deteriorations of the Human Spine (Spinal Stenosis, Spondylolisthesis & Disc Degeneration)
- Joint Deterioration & Replacement (covers cemented and uncemented prosthesis)
- Geriatric Skin Conditions & Changes (includes: Age/Liver Spots, Seborrheic Keratosis & Shingles)
- Geriatric Changes in Muscle
- Geriatric Vision & Hearing Changes (includes: Glaucoma, Corneal Disease, Cataracts, Conjunctivitis, Dry Eyes, Floaters & Presbyopia)
- Falling & Balance Issues with Nervous & Cardiovascular Changes
- Geriatric Cardiovascular Conditions & Considerations - Hormonal & Endocrine System Changes
- Dementia & Alzheimers
- Geriatric Organ, Gland & Tissue Changes
- Communications for Geriatrics
- Elder Abuse
- Bodywork Modifications that can be made for the Frail & Elderly
- Health Care Proxy Info
- Practice and receipt of 2 types of Sweet Sessions™. One for terminal clients and the 2nd for clients who are fighting to live, or living out their natural lives but are contraindicated for regular massage.
12 CE Hour Oncology & Geriatric Massage CE Broker Course #20-542453
Please click HERE for all Oncology classes at CE Institute LLC.
Please click HERE for all Geriatric classes at CE Institute LLC.
This live class will be held at: CE Institute LLC, 111 NE 1st Street, Miami FL 33132.
Please click HERE to view a monthly calendar of ALL live classes available at CE Institute LLC.
This class is usually taught by Instructors Selena Belisle & Wendy Langen.