12 CE Hour Trigger Point Therapy & Myofascial Release
This 12 CE Hour Trigger Point Therapy & Myofascial Release is offered as a 1-day or 2-day Class on the following dates:
- The Sunday, July 7, 2019, 9 am - 9:30 pm class date is SOLD-OUT
- Please select "1:00 pm Nov 11, 2019" above for the following 2-day class schedule: Monday & Tuesday, Nov 11 & 12, 2019, 1 pm - 7:30 pm
- Please select "9:00 am Feb 23, 2020" above for the following 1-day class schedule: Sunday, Feb 23, 2020, 9 am - 9:30 pm
There will be a 10 minute break each class hour.
All 12+ CE Hour Live Classes will receive a FREE 12 CE Hour Online Class which includes the mandatory FL License renewal courses: 2 CE Ethics, 2 CE Errors Prevention & 2 CE FL Laws + a 6 CE Elective in Geriatrics. Please check your email for your online course login info after registration. You will have 1-week to earn your FREE Online CE Hours. Students who do not attend a 12+ CE Live Course can pay $19.95 for this Online Course.
The following is included in the 12 CE Hour Trigger Point Therapy & Myofascial Release Course:
- Identify trigger points and myofascial restrictions
- Definition of what is a trigger point
- How to find trigger points
- Learn common places where trigger points are found
- How to apply pressure to relieve trigger points (and pain)
- Instructor demonstrations of individual trigger point application, entry point, amount of pressure to be used and length of time to hold trigger points
- Hands-on practice time of trigger point application
- Stories and reviews of trigger point theory
- Communication skills and practices with clients when applying trigger point therapy
- Includes a history review of the 1st female physician to a U.S. President and a "founder" of Trigger Point Therapy: Dr. Janet Travell
- Learn the different types of fascia and it's compositional make-up
- Learn how pressure separates fascia and provides greater ROM
- Myofascial Skin Rolling
- Alphabet Stroking (myofascial technique)
- Clock technique (to find myofascial restrictions)
- Overall Myofascial Stretching
- Trigger Point Pressure Application & Direction with the Therapist's:
12 CE Hour Trigger Point Therapy & Myofascial Release FL CE Broker Course #20-597256
Please click HERE for all Myofascial Release classes at CE Institute LLC.
This live class will be held at: CE Institute LLC, 111 NE 1st Street, Miami FL 33132.
Please click HERE to view a monthly calendar of ALL live classes available at CE Institute LLC.
This Trigger Point Therapy & Myofascial Release class was written by CE Institute LLC Founder, Selena Belisle. Selena teaches the majority of Myofascial & Trigger Point classes at CE Institute LLC (specifically when they do not list another one of our master instructors such as Ben Benjamin or Wendy Langen).
Selena has been practicing massage therapy for 30 years. She started with sports massage in 1989 when she was competing on Team USA in the Athens Greece Olympic Stadium for her 1st World Championship title. She went on to win 3 WAF World Titles in Arm Wresting and other various minor sport titles. After the height of her professional athletic career, Selena sought formal “full body” massage therapy training in 1995 in a 1,000+ hour program at the Massage Institute of New England in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Performing myofascial release and trigger point therapy was a core part of the Massage Institute’s curriculum. Selena went on to receive multiple live class NMT Certifications from 1997 to 1999 in Paul St. John Neuromuscular Therapy. One of the most basics foundations of our NMT work from the 1990s was to relieve trigger points for optimal function and well-being. She has also completed live class certifications in Myofascial Release with John Barnes (1990s), Robert King (2001) and George Kousaleos of the CORE Institute (2000), plus a series of online introductory courses in Anatomy Trains with Tom Myers (2016), another series of online theoretical myofascial technique courses with Til Lachua (from 2015 to 2018) and several other clinical, pain relief, trigger point and myofascial online classes with Theresa Schmidt, DPT, MS, OCS, LMT, CEAS, CHY, DD (from 2016 to 2017), amongst many other live and online classes in various modalities. You can view a more complete list of Selena’s accolades including her publications, training and experience by clicking HERE.
Selena feels that it is often helpful to study Trigger Point Therapy & Myofascial Release modalities together – even though they are VERY DIFFERENT modalities and applications. Selena has extensive experience in successfully applying these modalities when she worked on various athletes from the New England Patriots during the time that they succeeded to legendary superstar status. Selena also created one of New England’s largest alternative health care clinics in the 1990s, where thousands of customers sought natural pain relief remedies with these modalities for an entire decade, prior to her successful sale of the business to another chiropractor in 2005. She also spent another 5-years training and managing a 2nd staff as a Newbury Street Spa Owner in Boston, MA from 2005 to 2010. Selena’s industry work history, training and teaching experience would be difficult to surpass.
CE Institute LLC prides itself in providing the very best of instructors and educational experiences for our students. Sign-up today and prepare yourself for an incredible 5-star learning experience.