12 CE Hour Oncology Education & Bodywork for Cancer Patients Live Interactive Webinar
This highly interactive webinar WILL count as a 12 CE Hour live hands-on class with both NCBTMB & The Florida Board of Massage!
This is an identical class to our live presentation however because of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are now offering it at a reduced price via a live webinar. You will have some opportunity to have instructor interaction with questions/answers and hear other students' questions regarding the presented material. Our webinars are largely interactive with polls, break-out sessions with the other students and more. We will email a link to access your live webinar shortly before the start of this online webinar. Please login to your live webinar 30 minutes prior to the start of class. Any student who is not logged in at the start of class, or anyone does not attend the entire online class will not receive a certificate or CE credit. We cannot provide a certificate or partial CE credit for partial attendance for any webinar. Thank you.
This live interactive 12 CE Hour Oncology Education & Bodywork for Cancer Patient webinar class is offered on the following dates:
The June 26 & 27, 2021 live interactive webinar still has $99 seats available by clicking HERE.
- Please select "11:00 am, July 17, 2021" above for the following 2-day $125 class schedule: Saturday, July 17, 2021 from from 11:00 am to 5:30 pm & Sunday, July 18, 2021 from from 10:00 am to 4:30 pm
- Please select "10:00 am August 14, 2021" above for the following 2-day class $125 schedule: Saturday, August 14, 2021 from 10:00 am to 4:30 pm & Sunday, August 15, 2021 from 9 am to 3:30 pm
Here is what is included in this Live Interactive 12 CE Hour Oncology Education & Bodywork for Cancer Patients:
- Did you know that "oncos" is the Greek word for growth or swelling? Students will spend 6 hours learning about the Lymphatic System and how to practice Manual Lymphatic Drainage Techniques for lymphedema and other oncology implications. In a very brief 6 hours, students will learn manual Lymphatic Drainage Techniques for the extremities ONLY (arms and/or legs) with instructor demonstrations and student practice-along time.
- We provide basic education about different cancer types, plus what is "safe" to work with and what areas on the body would be okay to work with different forms of cancer and cancer treatments with the latest reasoning of "why".
- We review about a dozen different types of cancer treatments available today, and how to work with these different types of oncology treatments.
- Students will also learn a bodywork session called a "Sweet Session™". There will be an instructor demonstration of a "Sweet Session™" with student practice along time provided. A written bodywork protocol is provided for you to practice and keep. A Sweet Session™ is a new form of bodywork that can be provided when "regular" massage is contraindicated - for all types of clients including terminal patients and those fighting cancer.
- Students will also learn a mini-reflexology routine that can be practiced with the Sweet Session™ or independently as it's own mini-service for those who may compromised and ill.
Students can work on themselves or a live model during the instructor demonstrations, or they can just simply watch the instructor demonstrations. Hands-on practice is not a board requirement for attendance to receive a certificate for our classes, however, hands-on practice is strongly encouraged. All live interactive webinar curriculums have been expanded to include work that a practitioner can practice on themselves when a practitioner is unable to safely secure a live model during the pandemic of COVID-19.
Students are encouraged to ask questions throughout the class, to ensure that they understand the material and get the best possible education to help those who are suffering with a cancer diagnosis and/or treatment.
At the end of this brief, 12-hour class, students will have a better idea of what cancer is, how it spreads, some oncology contraindications, different cancer types, various oncology treatments, and how to work with different types of cancer and cancer treatments with 2 very different forms of bodywork that can be provided for oncology patients and survivors.
For a greater amount of oncology education and how to work with cancer, we encourage students to consider our 18 CE Bodywork for Cancer & Advanced Oncology Live Interactive Webinar.
12 CE Hour Oncology Education & Bodywork for Cancer Patients Live Interactive Webinar CE Broker Course #20-796598
Massage Magazine has published CE Institute LLC Instructor Selena Belisle in Oncology Bodywork breakthroughs:
About your Instructors
This oncology class was written and is taught by CE Institute LLC Founder, Selena Belisle. When Selena sought formal “full body” massage therapy training in 1995 in a 1,000+ hour program at the Massage Institute of New England, she was taught that it was contraindicated to massage anyone with cancer. Back in the 1990s (and earlier), it was thought that massaging anyone with cancer could “spread their cancer”. We know today that was totally false. Today, and in this class, we teach something entirely different. Today, we have new information about how to appropriately work with clients who are suffering with cancer, those who are undergoing intensive cancer treatments, and those who are in remission but have detrimental after-effects.
Selena started in the industry with sports massage in 1989. Over the past 3 decades, she has worked with thousands of cancer patients and survivors. This included her own personal practice with oncology clients, plus a decade of managing over 40 other massage therapists, 4 acupuncturists and 4 chiropractors in an alternative health care practice which she founded in Braintree & Quincy, Massachusetts, until she sold in 2005. She then spent another 5-years training and managing a 2nd staff as a Newbury Street Spa Owner in Boston, MA from 2005-2010. The spa provided esthetic skin care services (facials, body scrubs, wraps, etc.) which created a greater awareness of working with skin cancers.
A few years ago, Selena was diagnosed with Melanoma, the most severe form of skin cancer. Her father is also a melanoma skin cancer survivor. Selena works closely with Impact Melanoma, to help professionals recognize and alert clients to any concerning skin/mole changes. Selena has also volunteered in the chemotherapy infusion unit at the Miami Cancer Institute in 2017/2018. She has taken numerous seminars in live and online education about working with cancer over the past 3 decades. And she has spent countless hours studying the ever-changing evolution of oncology research and practice. You can view a more complete list of Selena’s accolades including her publications, training and experience by clicking HERE.
Selena also won a 2018 Award from Dana Farber & the Jimmy Fund for: “in recognition of extraordinary support of research and patient care at Dana Farber Cancer Institute, leading to breakthroughs against cancer”. With Selena’s massive, award winning experience in oncology care, she created this comprehensive oncology bodywork class which is 100% resourced with scientific research and data. Selena’s history, studies, practice and instruction of working with people with cancer and cancer survivors, makes her one of the foremost leading industry instructors of oncology bodywork education today.
Wendy Langen PA-C, MCMSc, LMT, also teaches these classes. Wendy is a graduate of the Sarasota School of Massage Therapy and has been a Licensed Massage Therapist since 1992. Wendy returned to the Sarasota school as a licensed graduate to teach Anatomy and Physiology in the 90’s.
Wendy went on to obtain a Master’s Degree in Clinical Medical Science from Barry University in 2000. Today, she is a licensed and nationally-certified physician assistant. Wendy currently holds a primary faculty position at the Barry University Physician Assistant Program, in addition to teaching CE Classes part-time at CE Institute LLC.
Wendy has an extensive medical, teaching and research background that surpasses most massage therapy instructors. She has worked in diagnostic medicine and has been repeatedly published in the medical community. You can view more about Wendy’s accolades by clicking HERE.