12 CE Hour Ayurvedic Massage
This 12 CE Hour Ayurvedic Massage class is offered as live, hands-on, in-person, 2-day class at our school on the following dates:
- Please select "11 am March 23, 2021" above for the following 2-day schedule: Tuesday & Wednesday, March 23 & 24, 2021 from 11 am to 6:00 pm
In this class you will learn how to perform a full body Ayurvedic Massage known as Abhyanga. The effectiveness of Abhyanga is due to the profound and deeply relaxing friction-based strokes using warm oil and a mindful touch. The calm approach and relaxed state during the massage promotes circulation, provides a general sense of wellbeing, and opposes the effects of everyday stress and strains on the body and mind.
Abhyanga is a deeply relaxing oil massage for the whole body and it is given with gentle rhythmic strokes that help restore the balance of the Doshas, the functional aspect of the body according to Ayurveda.
To understand Abhyanga, it is necessary to understand the basic principles of Ayurveda. The balance and inner calm of the therapist plays an important role. These are the aspects of this ancient technique that will be transmitted to you during this class.
- Understand the Basic principles of Ayurveda
- Learn self-abhyanga for inner peace and balance
- Watch instructor demonstration of an Abhyanga Full Body Ayurvedic Massage
- Practice Abhyanga Full Body Ayurvedic Massage
- Perform Body constitution evaluation
- Learn about Tridosha, Vata, Pitta and Kapha
- Learn how to customize your treatments
- Determine appropriate massage oil for each client
- Learn contraindications
- I invite you to immerse yourself in the life-changing training of this ancient science and I look forward to sharing the theory and practical elements that make this timeless tradition such a sacred and powerful addition to your current practice.
About your Ayurvedic Instructor:
Desiree Collazo runs our Ayurvedic Program at CE Institute LLC. She was initiated as Swami Shantiananda of the Shiva Kriya Yoga School of Divine Values and is a licensed massage therapist, esthetician, Reiki Master, Yoga Instructor, Ayurvedic consultant and practitioner. She is a teacher of various ancient and modern modalities of healing.
Prior to reaching CE Institute LLC, Desiree spent 19 years as staff at one of the most popular and prestigious massage schools in South Florida - Cortiva formerly known as the Florida College of Natural Health. She started as an instructor and worked her way up to become the Director of Education for the Miami Campus until the school closed in 2019.
Desiree’s interest in Ayurveda began during her education as a massage student in 1998, where she started her self-studies and attended local workshops. She accomplished her Panchakarma apprentice training with Dr. Aparna Bapat in September 2008. In 2009 she travelled to India to further her proficiency in Panchakarma Therapies under the guidance of Drs. Sapna, Rajesh Deven and team. Desiree now organizes annual trips and travels to India every year to further her Ayurvedic studies and practices.
On August 2009, Desiree received a Bachelor of Vedic Studies (Ayurveda) from the Sai Ayurvedic College of Miami. Her teaching career began in 2000 in her alma mater as a Clinical Massage and Basic Skincare instructor, and later in the Paramedical Skincare program, which included Ayurveda training.
Desiree has lectured at National Beauty Conferences and has written various courses as an approved CE provider for the Florida Board of Massage and Board of Cosmetology. She continues to provide CE seminars for the bodywork and spa industry plus lectures on the sciences of Yoga and Ayurveda.